Recommendations for Bed & Breakfasts on Big Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be spending 10 days on the Big Island in February. We prefer Bed & breakfasts to hotels and would appreciate any recommendations. We'd like to stay in a couple different locations on the island. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 06:35 AM

www.countrygoose.com
Country Goose B&B is in Volcano, right near the National Park. Lovely place and excellent breakfast! They also have several small cottages to rent if you want more privacy.
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

ChristineP- Thanks for the suggestion. It looks lovely. I have done some initial research on the web, but it's always nicer to get first hand suggestions based on someone's actual experience! We've been to Maui, but never the big Island. I thought it would be good to stay at a couple locations since it is so vastly different from one side of the island to the other. I read in our guidebook that Hilo is basically closed on Sundays, do you have any knowledge about that?
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 10:41 AM

Definitely would recommend Volcano Teapot Cottage on the Volcano side of the island. We stayed there during our honeymoon and loved it! The pictures on the website don't do it justice. It is large with an expansive rainforest garden area and an additional outdoor gazebo with a large jacuzzi. The owners were so helpful on recommendations for dining and touring the volcano too. We chose them because it was one of the only BnB's on Trip Advisor that had nothing but raves.

Good luck.
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ggrtist for the recommendation. I will be sure to check it out. Looking forward to this trip, most of our vacations are filled with non-stop activity. It's nice to once in awhile take what we call a "Corona" vacation.