Hi all Fodorites,
My husband and 1½ year old daughter will join me for a conference in SB around the 1st of March 2013, and then we will have a family holiday for 1-2 weeks afterwards.
In addition to visiting some favorite places from when we lived in SB some years ago, we would also like to stay 1 week or more (renting an apartment or similar) in one place.
Since we've never been south of LA, we would like to explore this section of CA - but where should we base ourselves?? I hope you can recommend specific areas we should look into.
I would like to be within walking distance of the coast (I realise the timing is not right for extensive beach life) so we can have morning coffee on the beach while the little one is digging in the sand, and some nearby nice (not fancy) dining options would also be great.
best regards from Stockholm!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 2 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 3 Muir Woods - new rules
- 4 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 5 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 6 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 7 meridian
- 8 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 9 4 days in San Diego
- 10 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 11 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 12 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 13 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 14 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 15 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 16 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 17 Family winter holiday
- 18 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 19 Galveston
- 20 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 21 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 22 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 23 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 24 Padre Islands
- 25 NYC hotels...asked often but would like suggestions
Hi all Fodorites,