Recent stays at Waikoloa Beach Marriott?

Jan 15th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Recent stays at Waikoloa Beach Marriott?

Has anyone stayed recently at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott? The renovated rooms look great, but I'm curious about the new pool and other renovations. Also, how is the service at this hotel? Restaurants?

We're planning a trip to Hawaii this fall, and are deciding between the Hilton and the Marriott. Any insight would be great!
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:51 AM

If you opt for the Waikoloa Marriott, make sure you are a Marriott Rewards member and use rate code M11. You will likely get a rate significnatly lower than any other advertised rate. We are staying there in July. The oceanview Leisure Rate is $389 and we got the room for $319 using the M11 code. You must be a Marriott Rewards member to use the code.
Jan 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM

My husband and I stayed there the first week of 10/06. We used points, so my opinion is biased, but we also used the hotel as a base more than anything else, and it was fine. The room renovations were great, but the new pool was far from being finished when we were there. Service was pretty good; we didn't eat there and ate most of our meals across the street at the King's Shops. Honestly, we agreed that we wouldn't pay above $200/night for it right now. We walked to the Hilton, which had a fantastic pool if that's what you're looking for, but no beach (A-Bay fronting the Marriott was decent). It's also a much larger property than Marriott's.

Check out TripAdvisor and FlyerTalk for more info. You'll come across a thread if you search for "Marriott Waikoloa" on FlyerTalk, which greatly helped me.

Search this Thread