Reasonable hotel help

Aug 11th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Reasonable hotel help

Where in Midtown is there a nice, reasonable hotel that won't make me take out a second morgage. W times square looks lively and in a safe so to say night spot. Where else can anyone recommend? I like the Plaza area but, you know the story there. Only if I have to. Please give me some good ideas. Any help for a good spot for Sunday night dinner off hand?
Aug 11th, 2003, 03:28 PM
GoTravel

Hayden, when you are going to be in NYC has a lot to do with what you are paying. Normally reasonable hotels hike rates from September through New Years.

Have you looked at BiddingForTravel.com?

Aug 11th, 2003, 05:30 PM

We just returned from a trip to NYC and I HIGHLY recommend the Gorham. $135 a night, 55th between 7th and 6th, great, comfortable queen sized beds (pillows too, which are very important to me) and perfect location. We'll be back there next visit!
Aug 11th, 2003, 06:09 PM

Affinia - www.affinia.com - is the new name for what used to be Manhattan East Suites, with several properties. My favorite is the Dumont - nice, safe and convenient location (34th btwn 3rd and Lexington) that's not thronged with tourists a la Times Square. Having a kitchen is really nice, too - linger over AM coffee munching "baked goods" from the neighborhood (try Cafe Indulge on 2d Av near 32), have your own happy hour after a day of touring, stash deli treats or leftovers from a restaurant meal (Cibo offers a great prix fixe - online at www.cibonyc.com, or if you like Middle Eastern try close by Ali Baba on 34th btwn 2d & 3d) They often run good specials, and the staff is friendly and efficient.

Search this Thread