Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   reasonable accomodations in Sedona (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/reasonable-accomodations-in-sedona-467071/)

ago Aug 14th, 2004 01:37 PM

reasonable accomodations in Sedona

My husband and I are planning a 3-night stay in Sedona at the end of Sept., beginning of October. We would like an inn, cabin or hotel, with fantastic views from our room.We have budgeted about $150 per night.
We are considering the Sky Ranch Lodge, but I have been reading very mixed reviews.
Any recommendations?

jenny Aug 14th, 2004 02:04 PM

We'll be in Sedona early Oct. I just finished research on accommodations and we have our reservations.
These websites may be helpful to you :
visitSedona.com
SedonaChamber.com
ExperienceSedona.com = I received their official guide and it was very helpful. I also read here just about every posting on that. Type SEDONA in search and it will bring up the postings. It is time-consuming, but I went on every website that sounded promising . I found a B&B (or small inn), and it seems perfect (for us ).
We are looking forward to our first visit to this area, and I'm sure you are, too. Have a good time !

LPOWMACBACK Aug 14th, 2004 02:11 PM

We'd stayed in Sedona for 2 nights in April and the view was paramount to me as well. I'd looked into the Sky Ranch, but was a bit leery as well as I'd seen mixed reviews. We chose the Hilton Sedona which was one of the few hotels that would guarantee a Red Rock View... It was FANTASTIC!!!!!!

We did go over to where the Sky Ranch lodge -was - by the airport to watch the sunset, and quite frankly, I felt the area we were in at the Hilton had a more breathtaking view!

Hilton Sedona is an all-suite resort (they may have some regular rooms, but mostly suites). The facility is only about 5 years old and in excellent condition, both building and grounds! Lovely well-maintained grounds and pool, wonderful gym and spa, excellent service and the suite was lovely - new and fresh with a fireplace... and kitchenette.

Oh, and when going to Sedona, don't bypass the Pink Jeep's Broken Arrow tour... it was breathtaking!!!

Lisa

Postal Aug 14th, 2004 04:32 PM

I've stayed in Sedona three times but the best stay by far was at the Sky Ranch Lodge. No, it's not luxury. But it's roomy, clean, wonderfully located (the rim rooms are amazing), friendly, and quite inexpensive. We paid about $79 per night for a garden view double room. The rim views cost more but are worth every cent. After spending $200 per night for B&B's, the Sky Ranch Lodge gets my vote!

redsoxgirl Aug 24th, 2004 04:14 PM

My mother and I stayed at Sky Ranch for 2 nights in January 2004, and loved it. It was just perfect, especially if you don't have a budget for a fancy Enchantment-style resort. I recommend it.

Judy24 Aug 24th, 2004 04:49 PM

I'd also recommend the Hilton Sedona but I'm pretty sure it's more than 5 years old. It may be only 5 years since it's been a Hilton, but I think it was a Doubletree prior to that.

joesorce Aug 24th, 2004 04:57 PM

www.desertquailinn.com

annieladd Aug 24th, 2004 05:03 PM

I hope you'll take a look at Saddle Rock Ranch. It's a lovely home, with a beautiful view.

mwessel Aug 24th, 2004 06:05 PM

Another vote for Sedona Hilton. We stayed there just a couple of weeks ago and it was truly wonderfu. The photo I took of Bell Rock from our third floor room balcony was one of the prettiest shots I got. The view was THAT good.

We didn't have a suite, rather a "deluxe guest room" with 2Q, fireplace, fridge, nice bath etc. It was 119.00 per night.

You wouldn't be disappointed.