Really Romantic New Orleans/French Quarter

Nov 6th, 1997, 05:42 PM
Mary Hannah

Really Romantic New Orleans/French Quarter

My husband and I are planning a New Year's Eve trip to New Orleans. Please offer suggestions for a really romantic hotel or B&B in the French Quarter.

Nov 17th, 1997, 01:15 AM
Michelle

The Place d'Armes is right on Jackson Square in the French Quarter. It has an interior courtyard where they serve tea or cocktails. You can request a room with French Doors that lead out to a balcony overlooking the square. It is within walking distance of everything, especially the Cafe du Monde for those wonderful beignets.

You can look up New Orleans and hotels on the internet.

Nov 18th, 1997, 08:22 AM
LaTonya Purry

For the Thanksgiving holiday my husband and I are
going to New Orleans. We took a chance and picked a
bed and breakfast that received great reviews on a Fodor's page. The name of the bed and breakfast is
The Josephine Guest House on St. Charles Street. (I'm not really sure about the street but the name is correct). I would appreciate any input on the inn from anyone. Is it decent and is the area around it o.k?
Sincerely, LaTonya

Nov 20th, 1997, 12:13 PM
jen

LaTonya: St Charles Avenue is great! Much quieter than the French Quarter, and very romantic. The Street Cars provide transportation to the Quarter for $1.00 and the ride is memorable. I haven't heard of your particular hotel, just make sure that faces St. Charles and isn't to far back off of that street. Have fun!

Dec 1st, 1997, 08:04 AM
Tom

Although the rooms can be a bit on the small side, I recommend the Monteleone Hotel on Royal Steet. The lobby is beautiful, the doormen are helpful and the location can't be beat. Although I've never been in one, I walked past several nice B&Bs in a quite section of the Quarter yesterday. The Ursiline Guest House and the Villa Convento Hotel (also on Ursiline) both look nice. I've also heard good things about the Cornstalk Hotel and the Andrew Jackson Hotel, both small hotels on Royal Street.