Posted earlier about going away this weekend for my husband's birthday somewhere in the Northeast. BUT.......it looks like its going to rain pretty heavily on Sunday. A bunch of the places we were considering traveling to (VT, Newport, Annapolis, ME) just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the rain. Since there are always lots of places to visit and things to do, we are thinking of 2 nights in NYC.
We are not really city-people, though we live only 1.5 hours away. We've done all the typical tourist stuff (Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Met, Top of the Rock, etc) and aren't all that interested in "touristy" sightseeing, shopping or crazy nightlife. We want a low-key, romantic, relaxing weekend with a lot of time for chatting, etc. Looking for suggestions on any special events, interesting exhibits, romantic spots, a cozy bar where we could kill a rainy afternoon, etc.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vikings vs Lions, Cowboys vs Chargers
- 2 [email protected]
- 3 Best Black Friday Christmas LED Decorative Lights Deals in 2017
- 4 Wholesale Jewelry for Women
- 5 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 6 Need locals from Miami
- 7 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 8 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 9 Sjc Car Rental
- 10 Family winter holiday
- 11 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 12 Trip to Cali
- 13 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 14 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 15 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 16 4 days in San Diego
- 17 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 18 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 19 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 20 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 21 NY theater district restaurant
- 22 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 23 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 24 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 25 Christkindlmarket in Chicago