Fodors Rants and Raves

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fodors Rants and Raves

I have spent sometime posting on Kauai rants and raves and see they have old information on there, like under restaurant, they have House of Seafood and no Brick OVen Pizza. I wrote them but did not hear back.
Does anyone know how to get them to take closed restaurants off and add some?
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:51 AM

Fodors rants and raves listings are horribly outdated. I was wondering if the hotels and restaurants correspond to their guidebook listings and therefore do not get updated until the books are??? Their Shanghai hotel section doesn't list the St. Regis which has been open for almost 2 years and still lists the Westin Tai Ping Yang which is no longer a Westin.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:54 AM

There must be something like "contact us" on the main page. Try to send them an e-mail.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

I did send a message to the editors and they did not reply.
Thanks
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 11:53 AM

Folks, I asked the very same question before by contacting the editors. I inquired about adding hotels or restaurants (and even cities) and did receive a reply after two separate attempts.

Basically, I was told that the users (that's us) can't add or delete anything. That was about it.

If we can't do that, then the 'Rants and Raves' isn't very effective, is it? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy visiting the forums and have done so for over six years now, but to have a tool that is limited like this one just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Maybe it's a cost-associated issue...
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 12:58 PM

I think I checked something on Rants and Raves once and found it useless. Forums are much better, up-to-date, and people answer your specific questions.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 01:21 PM

I find rants and raves helpful for a quick overview of favorably reviewed hotels/restaurants in a particular location. I like to use the forums for more specific questions rather than 'what is the best place to stay in xyz location'. I just wish fodors would update the rants and raves listings.