This message is for Nina from Louise1928 RE: Disney Package

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:37 PM
Louise

Hi Nina

Thanks for offering to help me out! Here is the deal..I talked to my husband again tonight,and he wants to stay at one of the Marriott places (Grande Vista or Cypress harbour) I got a rate for the Cypress harbour at $157.00 per night (2bdrm villa, we only need one, but Oh well!, maybe we will invite friends), I also like the Sheraton Vistana Villas, I probably can get that for $125.00 per night....Grande Vista is $174 per night, thats a bit much for me!
Roundtrip air from Philly
Dates are 6/22 - 6/28, right now the price is about $165.00 pp
We prefer evening outbound and evening return flights
Now here is the Dilemma:

Disney is not our main focus, but we will visit Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom, as well as Pleasure Island....How many days do we need to cover this?? Also we did want to see the circus (don't ask me to spell out the name!) and maybe take in one other park, not sure.. We chose the Marriott or Sheraton because its just the two of us, so a little extra on the accomodations is okay...I know I can get the villas at a cheaper rate through VRBO.com , but I am a little unsure about dealing with private owners...The only reason I am leaning towards a vacation package with USAIR is due to the trip cancellation waivers offered by the airlines.

Any help or suggestions you offer is appreciated...

Thanks

Louise

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:52 AM
Gail

Louise,
If it's just the two of you why do you need a suite? A LOT of the on site hotels at WDW are offering some very cheap rates. The Swan/Dolphin offers the rates from the Entertainment Book. They also offer teacher rates. Give a call and see what you can get. Your price for the flights is very good. I also live outside Phila., so I know what it costs to fly to FL. from there.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:25 AM
Dawn Ct

I agree with Gail. Whether or not Disney will be your focus, it still sounds like you will be spending at least three days there. I would allow a full day for Epcot, at least a half a day for Animal Kingdom and 3/4 of a day for MGM. Pleasure Island is best enjoyed at night, during the day there are just shops and restaurants.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:55 AM
nina

Louise,

The airfare does sound like a good one, you may as well book it. Did you consider staying on-site as Gail suggested? Remember, if you stay on-site you can get the length of stay pass which is like a hopper plus for as few as 2 days. I think 2 adults can cover all the parks plus even sneak in a waterpark in 3 days no problem. In 2 days you could cover the parks you mentioned. Just get up early! If they re-institute early entry it makes even more sense to stay on-site. Even though your focus won't be Disney, you really should experience it since it is the best attraction in Orlando.

I think you said your husband was a school administrator? That would qualify him for the teachers $ 129 rate at the Swan/Dolphin. Maybe stay 2 nights there then another 3 nights at suites. Maybe a good option would be an Embassy Suites which would include a buffet breakfast? Would save you cooking, shopping and cleaning up and I'm sure you could get it less than $ 157.00. You could use the savings for a nicer dinner out!

I really have to finish a window treatment for the kid's bathroom but when I start to get sick of sewing I'll give a quick check for you, by this afternoon, OK?

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:15 AM
nina

Louise, I'm already sick of sewing (just kidding, I'm procrastinating). Did a quick check on Hotelkingdom.com for you. For your dates the Sheraton Vistana Villas is $89/night for a 1 bedroom and $104 for a 2 bedroom! Check it out, thats already $36/nt less than your quote... Will check some others later

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 05:25 AM
nina

Couldn't resist, checked Hoteldiscount.com and found Marriotts Grande Vista 1 bedroom studio for $109, and Cypress Ponte (not Harbour), for $75/studio and $95 for a 1 bedroom. They also had the Vistana Villas but they were much more there than at Hotelkingdom.com. Check Quikbook and Expedia too, now I REALLY have to go!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:38 AM
LOUISE

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the replies to my Disney Package Dilemma...First let me say, my husband and I both agreed that we would much rather stay in a suite/villa than a hotel since we will be there for 6 or 7 days...If were only staying 2 or 3 nights, a hotel would be fine..But we like comforts of staying in a villa.. Also, as I said before, Disney may or may not be our main focus...We are not sure yet...Of course we will visit, but how much time we will spend there, we are not sure, because there are other places in Orlando we would like to visit, and me add that I have always been partial to booking my vacation packages with an Airline, tour operator etc...I did book our Universal/IOA package separately, but I like the security of knowing, if we need to cancel our plans, we can get a refund, minus the trip cancellation waiver..With purchasing airline tickets seperately, if you need to cancel, you lose everything, or they charge $100.00 per ticket just to change the dates...But I do agree that we probably could save money buy doing everything separately, my husband and I have not agreed on that yet....

Any more suggestions are certainly welcome!

Louise