Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

radisson eastland hotel in portland, me.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 02:50 PM
maykb

is anyone familiar with this hotel. i heard that it recently was renovated...is it a good location? any other recommendations?
thank you.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 04:00 AM

just moving this up a little with the hope of a response.......

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 12:50 PM
Shari

Th hotel has been recently renovated but I have not seen the rooms. The lobby area is quite nice. I have had dinner in the restaurant which was very good. The hotel is located in the center of Portland and is walking distance to just about everything.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 03:38 PM
Traveler

If you want to stay downtown I would highly recommend the Portland Regency. It is pricey, but worth it. It is walking distance to many sites. If I remember correctly, the Radisson is not too close to the middle of town.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 06:11 PM
Anthony

I have stayed there many years ago, and it is in a very central location, one block away from the Portland Museum of Arts, and the old port area.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 07:56 PM
Donna

We haven't stayed there since the renovation and latest "takeover" (one after another in our years of visiting, for some reason). We like old fashioned hotels and this one is a classic. There's a fabulous cocktail lounge on the top floor with terrific views of the city - magical at night (at least I hope they still have it).