Questions about NYC and our upcoming vacation

Aug 9th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Original Poster

Questions about NYC and our upcoming vacation

My husband and I will be in NYC for 9 nights from 8/29 to 9/7 - can't wait! Last night we secured our hotel on Priceline - New York Hilton for 112.00. Is that a deal or what! Anyway, we need suggestions for the following:

1.a deli or small restaurant close to the hotel where we could have a good breakfast at a reasonable price. We figure if we eat well for breakfast, we can more or less snack for lunch and have a good dinner.

2. a good comedy club other than Carolinas which we will certainly check out. But we want to do another one as well.

3. We have tickets for The Producers for 8/30 - really looking forward to it. We need suggestions for a good resturant in the theatre district where we can have pre or post threatre dinner - preferrably somewhere with great seafood and a good wine list.

4. For off-Broadway, someone recommended Blue Man Group. Is it worth seeing?

Grateful for all responses. Thanks
Aug 9th, 2003, 09:22 AM

I'd suggest doing a search of this site for threads -- several of your questions have been addressed in detail recently (Blue Man Group, restaurants, etc.).

Note that most Times Square/Theater District restaurants are overpriced mediocre tourist traps, so you might want to venture elsewherer for your theater night dinner.
Aug 9th, 2003, 10:57 AM
GoTravel

You will find small delis and Korean grocers everywhere that will fit the bill for breakfast or lunch.

Good restaurants Movlos, Redeye Grill, Trattoria d'ell Arte, Shellys, Foleys Fish House. They are all either on West 57th, 57th and Seventh, and Foleys is in the Reneissance Hotel on 7th in Times Square.

Aug 9th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. I will certainly do a bit of searching to find other suggestions. GoTravel, thanks for your restaurant suggestions. We did Foleys the last time we were in NY and found it to be quite good.

Search this Thread