Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Question for Statia (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/question-for-statia-572202/)

donco Nov 21st, 2005 01:02 PM

Question for Statia

Was there an 11/18 poison thread? I was "away" from computer for a few days so am wondering.
Also what is everyone talking about with the new place????
Thanks for your help.

cylueth Nov 21st, 2005 03:57 PM

Although I am a newcomer here and am unfamiliar with the "poison" tradition, I believe it has been deemed not travel related. You can email me if you would like to know how to find the new place where there is less censorship.

suze Nov 21st, 2005 04:04 PM

donco, yes there was one, it's still around, i topped it just now. true what cylueth is eluding to it was not applied to this particular situation.

seetheworld Nov 21st, 2005 04:04 PM

Get your facts straight ;) The thread is still here, and very much travel related.

Kal Nov 21st, 2005 04:09 PM

Phew...I knew I wasn't going crazier! 8-}

indytravel Nov 21st, 2005 05:16 PM

Was I dreaming about poison, again!

indytravel Nov 21st, 2005 05:17 PM

Hey cylueth. I think you're from the Indy area too. Brown County here. Not really Indy but close enough to head up for a meal or two. :-)

cylueth Nov 21st, 2005 05:48 PM

My bad. Forgot there was also the "how far have you travelled" component. When Donco (who was clearly familiar with the poison thread as a regular feature) couldn't find it, I assumed it had been deleted. Hey, I'm new, how am I supposed to know what will and will not be deleted? Until today, every time I asked, it got deleted.

Hi Indy. Maybe next summer, we can get a small group together for an Indiana Wine Tasting Tour. I was tasting at Oliver and Butler last month. But where are we going to find any properly prepared andouillettes around here?

indytravel Nov 21st, 2005 05:55 PM

cylueth, I'm sure in her prime my maternal grandmother could have fixed us up properly. But nowadays I don't think it's going to happen. That's OK. I can only get them down with dijon mustard strong enough to choke a normal human. :-)

Stay tuned. We had a GTG in June at Marcy_'s place. Quite a few of the Indy/Kentucky contingency were there. While I was at the dessert table they voted me next host. Dang achilles heel. The dessert table gets me every time. :-)

cylueth Nov 21st, 2005 06:12 PM

This is me after my first bite of andouilletes in Vitré :-&.

Thought it would be a petite version of Cajun Andouille.

indytravel Nov 21st, 2005 06:16 PM

Wow! That's exactly how my dad looked. :-)

I'm still surprised I got half of one down. I think of andouillettes as a faux ami with andouille. It looks the same but, surprise! It's not.

amwosu Nov 21st, 2005 06:20 PM

Count me in on an Indy GTG kids. I live in the 'burbs.
Ann Marie

indytravel Nov 21st, 2005 06:23 PM

Hey amwosu. I thought you were an Indy person too.

I'm up for both. A wine tasting tour and a GTG. :-)

Statia Nov 22nd, 2005 05:47 AM

Hi donco. I wasn't online last night, so I'm just now seeing your question. I see that you found last week's poison thread, but I didn't want to be rude in not responding here.

Just for the record, the poison thread started as a fluke one night and I was asked to continue it by several people, so I did. I have always followed the guidelines of the forum by ALWAYS making it travel related.

A few helpeful posters have recently sent me some wonderful ideas for future travel related topics on upcoming Friday nights, so I'll be interested to see everyones answers. :)

BTW - I'd love to join an Indy GTG the next time I'm up that way! Both DH and I have family in the state of IN that we try to get up to see every couple of years...mine being specifically in the city of Indianapolis.

joan Nov 22nd, 2005 06:31 AM

cylueth wrote:
"Hey, I'm new, how am I supposed to know what will and will not be deleted?"

I've been here for years, and I don't know either. And the editors won't explain why they banned some of the most polite, helpful posters Fodors has. What's a poster to do? :-S

suze Nov 22nd, 2005 07:04 AM

joan, it's a mystery with no answer.

Malesherbes Nov 22nd, 2005 07:20 AM

A puzzle with lots of pieces missing...

Kath Nov 22nd, 2005 07:29 AM

It's a puzzle that is wrapped up in a riddle surrounded by an enigma. Or so I've heard.

cylueth Nov 22nd, 2005 07:44 AM

Statia said, "BTW - I'd love to join an Indy GTG the next time I'm up that way! Both DH and I have family in the state of IN that we try to get up to see every couple of years...mine being specifically in the city of Indianapolis."

Only if you take me back home with you!

Statia Nov 22nd, 2005 08:10 AM

:D cyleuth.

I have to admit that although seeing the ocean everyday is nice, we also really love the cornfields and other beautiful things up that way. Things we don't have here.

Ahhh....the grass is always greener on the other side, huh? :)