Question for AAFrequentFlyer or anybody else re: cottage on Siesta Key

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be getting company from overseas in November and would like to take her to Siesta Key in Florida for a long weekend just before Thanksgiving. We are looking for a cute cottage not too far from the beach. Turtle Beach Resort is tempting, but just a tad over my price range. AAFrequentFlyer, you promised in a previous post to supply the name of the three cottages near you with a community hot tub (you sneak into). I can't find your response. Could you give us the info now? Also would appreciate anyone else's input.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 06:07 AM

Hi Maggi,

I'm sorry, I forgot all about that. I have to walk by the place today, so I will get the name and the phone number.
I just want you to know that these are very small cottages. I believe they have a living room and a tiny bedroom. There is a kitchen, but I'm sure it's like a studio type kitchem.

They do look great with the different pastel colors, and the location can't be beat. I may even take a picture, and if you want give me your e-mail and I will be happy to e-mail the pics.

If you do visit, allow me to buy you and your friends a drink at the Speakeasy , only a minute walk from the cottages.

Old Sep 26th, 2003, 06:18 AM

Hi there Maggi! Don't know if this would interest you, but Don & I recently stayed at the Bungalow Beach Resort, a cute little cottage complex on Anna Maria Island, just north of Siesta. Here's the URL if you're interested:
http://www.bungalowbeach.com/index.html

We too would love to buy you a drink! It was great meeting you in Hawaii, and would love to see you again! (Don't mean to intrude AAFF, would love to meet you too! I've really enjoyed meeting all my fellow Fodorites (three and counting!).)
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 06:20 AM

AAFrequentFlyer -

You are truly a class act. By the way, thanks for letting me know about the Ryan Air promotion. My fiance and I selected Lubeck as a destination - and the taxes were only $43 roundtrip for two tickets. Thanks again.

By the way, should our paths ever cross, I'd like you to be my guest for drinks.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 06:44 AM

Beach Palms - 941-349-3962

Just in case I may forget again, I decided to walk there few minutes ago(it's only 50 yards away) and take couple of pics and the phone #.

Old Sep 26th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Gee, two offers for drinks in one day - what a day brightener! AAFF, I've been reading your posts, but hadn't heard back from you so I had to make a decision. Joan, I remembered you were looking for a romantic place to surprise your hubby. I trust your taste in lodging, found your post about Bungalow Beach Resort and that's where I ended up booking. AAFF, sound's great - let's all meet for a drink! We will be on Anna Maria Island from late Nov.20th leaving the 25th. My home e-mail is [email protected] so we can work out the details. More than ever, now I'm counting the days until we can dip our toes in the sand.
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 08:43 AM

Maggi,

YGM
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 11:40 AM

Maggi,

The e-mail I send you came back as undeliverable.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]
Old Sep 26th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

I don't understand why it didn't go through...I get e-mails on it all the time. Try this one: [email protected]
Hopefully, Maggi