put in bay islander inn

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Jen

put in bay islander inn

We're going to Put in Bay next week and can't wait! Has anyone ever stayed at the Islander Inn? I hope it's worth the money. Any other tips about the island will be appreciated! One week from today!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 04:41 AM
cargirl

Hi Jen! Our car club goes to Put-in-Bay every summer and it's always a good time. Have not stayed at the Islander, but the best food (and best value)on the island is at the Boardwalk. Great setting, too, once you get your food as you are right on the water and they often have live entertainment both in the afternoons and evening (lots of reggae). Almost all other restaurants offer just deep-fried things. The winery is a hoot - as the barkeep told someone at a tasting - "Don't drink it too fast or it will burn your throat!" Have fun!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:24 AM
IslandGirl

Jen-The Islander is a fairly new hotel, good location.

As to restaurants-The Boardwalk has a great view, but the food is way overpriced and just so-so. The lobster bisque is good however. Mossbacks across the street has the best food on the Island IMO. As far as bars go, the Beer Barrel, Round House and Boat House are my top picks....

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Buckethead

I agree with cargirl about the Boardwalk. Some items are very (crablegs)expensive but the grilled tuna steak sandwich, lobster bisque, swordfish sandwich are all great and pretty cheap for the island. Mossback's has great burgers and fish and chips. The Brewery is a good bar that sometimes has good entertainment. But the Roundhouse reigns supreme - check out the band Island Paradise (usually plying in the afternoons). Fantastic! And the Bloody Mary's at Frosty bar are a must!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Jack

Another thumbs down for the Boardwalks food. Go there for drinks at sunset and forget about eating there. The Crescent is pretty good as is the Boathouse for food....

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 03:13 AM
jen

Thanks everyone for the quick replies! I think we'll do sunset drinks at the boardwalk and definately a bloody mary at Frosty's! Lets just pray the rain quits before next Thursday!

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 03:21 AM
huh?

where the heck is this?????

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Ginny

Put-In-Bay is located on South Bass Island in Lake Erie near Sandusky, Ohio, halfway between Toledo and Cleveland. It is a very quaint island. You can only get there by ferry or plane.

The url is:
www.put-in-bay.com

Jenn-They are calling for chance of rain Sat. and highs in the 70's. Take a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans, it may get cold at night.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Ginny

Forgot to add, no one dresses up. If you do you will look out of place. Shorts and sandals if it's warm, jeans & sweatshirt or a jacket if it's cold. Leave the pretty sandals at home. The Island is very casual....

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 11:43 AM
huh

Thanks for the clarification. I'm a lifelong Midwesterner and have never hear of Put in Bay...will check out the site.