Reload this Page >

Providence / Where to eat ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 10:03 AM
Don / Boston

Hi: Am taking my Daughter ( A high School Senior ) to visit Providence College in a few days. Was intersted in taking her to " Little Italy" for lunch. Could anyone suggest a restaurant that has great ( and somewhat reasonably priced ) italian food. Also any comments on Providence College or Providence in general would be appreciated.
Thanks for your thoughts

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 08:29 PM
eunesko

There is a great little sandwich restaurant on North Main Street called The Sandwich Hut!! Great meatball sandwiches

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 05:49 AM
ken

Don,
"Little Italy" (aka Federal Hill) has alot of great restaurants, for good italian food cheap I would recommend Angelo's. Cassarino's is a little more expensive but excellent. Caserta's also has great pizza.
Providence College was recently chosen as one of the best colleges on the east coast. They also have a good basketball team and the hockey team is in the top 10 in the country. Providence itself is a great college town! Try www.oso.com for more info.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Melissa

Hi Don,
I like the Blue Grotto. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but when you step in it is very nice. I went for lunch with my husband one day and it was quite inexpensive for the quality of food we were served (under 30 for the 2 of us).
Providence is a great little city which has certainly made great gains as far as art and culture in the past few years. The area around Providence College (which is one of New England's best smaller colleges, a great liberal arts and education school) seems to be safe to me, although I only pass through as a frequent visitor to the area.
Enjoy!

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Patrick

Friends took me to a restaurant run by the Culinary Institute in an old church down town. We had a remarkable dinner and I believe it was very reasonable. Anyone have more facts about that place?

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 06:23 AM
melissa, again

I just realized how old this post is.
To think someone resurrected this from the dead to comment about meatball sandwiches.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Patrick

Damn, and to think I fell for one of these again. I suppose if Don hadn't found a restaurant in the three years since his post appeared, he must be awfully hungry by now.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Jennifer

I visited Providence on a business trip last year and was surprised what a great city it was. I really enjoy greek food and a place named Andreas near Brown University was as authentic as Cypress.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Lorraine

From A PC Grad....There's a restaurant on Federal Hill that starts with a "C" and its an Italian name but I don't remember it. I graduated in 1995. However there are lots of restaurants up there that you could go to.
I hope your daughter likes PC. I loved it!!