Notices

Providence Hotel or B&B Suggestions?

Mar 1st, 2002, 05:45 PM
looseclue

Providence Hotel or B&B Suggestions?

My husband and I will be in Providence area in late May-just for 2 days. I would like suggestions on a great place to stay and things not to miss!

Mar 1st, 2002, 10:03 PM
Patty

Message: Most of the B&B's in Providence are on the East Side (College Hill), a short walk down a hill to downtown. Check out the link below. I have never stayed at any of these, but they seem very nice, espically the Old Court. It's on the oldest and nicest streets in the city, Benefit St. ENJOY

Something not to miss; Try to find the mayor, he is the best entertainment in the city! Keep up the good work Buddy!

http://www.visitrhodeisland.com/accommodations/lodgingResults.asp?fn=&ta=bedbreakfast®=Greater+Providence&Submit=submit+lodging+search

Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:06 AM
Donna F

The Westin has the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. It is connected via skywalk to the city mall. Our favorite, but expensive, meal was at Cafe Nuevo. Fire and Ice is less expensive and fun, all you can eat stir fry/you choose the ingredients and sauces. If you like Italian food there are many restaurants to choose from. The canal is pretty. Check to see if Water Fire will be happening during your visit. We enjoyed walking around a neighborhood near one of the colleges early on a Sunday morning. The homes were beautiful. If you are interested in kitchens and stoves, Johnson and Wales has a museum. Make a reservation for a student guided tour. Interesting and unusual. The service was excellent in all the restaurants we visited which I've always thought might be due to the high number of students majoring in food services, etc. in the local colleges.

Mar 4th, 2002, 09:17 PM
John

Courtyard Providence is right downtown, located across from the new Waterplace Park. You're also within walking distance of the new Providence Place Mall and Federal Hill (Little Italy). Benefit Street is Providence's "Mile of History". If time permits, you can take a daytrip on a ferry to Newport.

Search this Thread