We are three couples in our 70's cruising to Alaska in August or September, 2014. All are retired and are flexible with the best time to travel. We have so many basic questions:
Which cruise line? Which port of departure? How to minimize bus travel and still see those attractions? How to avoid large crowds of tourists? How to get a "small cruise ship experience" on a cheaper large ship? Definite excursions to include? Should we use the excursions available on the ship or do our own?
Any other suggestions and advice would be most welcomed.
We're all in good health, but not as nimble as we once were!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 2 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 3 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 4 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 7 Family winter holiday
- 8 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 9 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 10 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Trip to Cali
- 13 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 14 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 15 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 16 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 17 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 18 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 19 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 20 Big Sur weather in early December
- 21 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 22 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 23 Our next summer trip
- 24 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 25 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old