Princeville Hotel Reports?

Sep 25th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Princeville Hotel Reports?

I hope someone will stop by after the re-opening tomorrow and give us a report on the remodel. I hated the previous decor...all glitz, gold, and marble. Wonder if I should consider staying a night when I'm on-island in November? We'll be in Poipu, so a little side trip to No. Shore overnight might be nice.
Sep 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM

I was there a couple of days ago but the guard would not let us in..lots of trucks and sub contractors all over the place.
still looks the same from the point at Hanalei.
I have a free week at the St. Regis and was hoping to use it this last trip but we had a blast at the Grand Hyatt..
Wonder if they did get rid of all the marble, gold glitz?
Opens tomorrow..
Sep 25th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Watched the sunset from the beach in front of hotel last weekend. Alot of things were still in boxes, but from what we could see through the fence, they have changed the outside furniture colors as follows: barstools, umbrellas, and chairs.
Sep 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM

I'll be stopping by the hotel before I go back to Jersey. I will let everyone know how it looks. Let's hope it is like all the other St.Regis hotels and continues to offer top rate services and amenities.
Sep 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM

We just got back from having lunch at the St. Regis. We sat outside and admired the view. Lunch was excellent. I had a cobb salad unlike anything I have tasted before. DH had a tuna wrap. The tuna was rare and fresh. He said it was delicious. Staff was very accomodating. We saw some familiar faces which was nice. The hotel is beautiful. It has an island flavor to it. The furniture is simple yet well defined. The chandelier in the lobby reminded me of a giant teardrop. We will be having lunch at the pool at the end of the week and dinner at the restaurant on Monday night. Jean Georges will be opening November of 09. The lounge is also very beautiful. It looks as though the sushi bar is gone but the piano remains. We'll be going for cocktails soon. Sunday brunch will be back in a few months. There will no longer be a seafood buffet. If the rooms are as nicely appointed as the lobby, lounge and restaurant the St. Regis should do well. It's name has a lot to live up to.
Sep 28th, 2009, 07:21 PM

WOW..So jealous!
Sounds lovely..last week, I would of said no way is that opening on time..see what the tree trimming 'fast lane' got things done..
When we were at the gate last week with the guard..we told him we just wanted to peak..no way, he said!
Did you take any pictures by chance..
JG in late 09..sweet.
Sep 28th, 2009, 07:59 PM

We did take pictures. Will post as soon as possible. A friend of ours went on a tour of the hotel yesterday. She told us her guide stated that the chandelier in the lobby represents Kauai's "waterfalls." I'll keep everyone posted on lunch at the pool, dinner at the restaurant and drinks in the lounge. Aloha.
Sep 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM

Hmm. I couldn't afford it in its old incarnation !

I hope the webcam comes back with its view of "Bali Hai", its replacement at the timeshare place next door is no substitute.
Sep 29th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Did you get a feel for the occupany level? Was it very crowded at lunch? If the rates remain at $500+ per night, I think I'll pass on the idea of spending a night there in November. I found an agent who will rent SeaLodge for one night. With cleaning fee it would be under $250. I could have lunch or dinner (or both!)at the St Regis with the savings.
Sep 29th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

oops. "occupancy", not "occupany". (And I even used the preview feature)
Sep 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM

Barbara 5353--It was not that crowded at lunch. However, we went about 1:30. The man at the reception desk told us that occupancy was good. Kauai is suffering. Hotels are only at 60% capacity. Restaurants have closed down. When the economy picks up things should get better. We are not staying at the St. Regis. $500 a night is quite steep. Craigs list has some good prices for the Plantation at Princeville. There is no water or mountain views but the place has a pool and workout room which are very nice.