Priceline locations??

Jan 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Original Poster
Priceline locations??

Hi, My husband and I are planning a trip to DC for a few days in March. I am thinking about trying priceline for the first time. I am wondering if I put Dupont circle and 4 stars, is there a possibility of getting a hotel in a bad location? I want to be near the metro in a safe convenient location. I have never been to DC but Dupont Circle seems to be popular on these boards. Thanks for the help.
Jan 13th, 2009, 02:02 PM
You can get any 4-star hotel in that zone that is participating with Priceline.

The good news is, you can narrow down the possibilities by doing research. Check out and, two sites devoted to Priceline (and Hotwire in the former case). People post their winning hotel bids there and the sites keep running lists of hotels people have won in each zone.

Anyway, figure out from those lists which hotels you are likely to get (new hotels could get added beyond the list, but it's not all that likely). Say there are three 4-star hotels listed as possibilities in that zone. Will ANY of them work? If not, don't use Priceline for this. Sometimes you can eliminate hotels as likely to come up if, say, they show 'sold out' on their own websites, and sometimes you have a better chance of getting a particular hotel if you see people winning it recently on/around your dates. Sometimes you can "clone" a Priceline bid from someone else's if they happen to have won on the same dates as you will be staying - I've done that more than once.
Jan 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Remember that Priceline can be very creative when drawing the boundaries of their zones. The current boundary for the "Dupont/Woodley" zone goes way up towards the zoo, and would include the Omni Shoreham and Marriott Wardman Park. They're nice hotels and it's a fine area for a tourist to be in, but it's not an area that most people would consider to be Dupont Circle.
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:52 AM
<I want to be near the metro in a safe convenient location.>

If you are not sure that every possible hotel that priceline offers (DuPont, 4*) will meet those criteria, then it is not for you.

Search this Thread