Reload this Page >

Priceline.com -- New York City

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 02:25 PM
David

I am wondering if anyone has had success in landing a hotel room in the Midtown area (around or close to Times Square) through Priceline.com? I have seen messages on this site regarding a bulletin board with Priceline.com success stories, but I have been unable to access it. One concern I have is that I am looking for accommodations with 2 Double Beds for my family of four. I understand that Priceline.com only guarantees rooms for 2 people. It would be a little inconvenient to spend 3 nights in NYC with 4 people and only 1 Double Bed. Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated.

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 03:21 PM
Anthony

You STILL have problems accessing the site? You have tried www.biddingfortravel.com?
Tou shouldn't have probelms

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 10:19 AM
daisybelle

I bid $100 for a 3 star midtown hotel on priceline.com and was successful. I stayed at the Millinuim Broadway this past weekend. My room had 2 oversized twin beds.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Curt

Just bought three days at the Novotel (52nd St.) for $100 per night (Aug 15-18). Should have bid lower. It's not in the exact area you seek, but it is a 3-star at a decent price.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Kim

Booked through pricline this past week for this weeekend. Bid $169.00 and secured a room midtown west at the Le Park Meridian. Use priceline because didn't know what hotel I wanted to stay at. Went to their web site after and can see that they offer specials in July and August for $185.oo per night. Not a real savings but made the decision easy.I could only think of places like the typical Marriott etc. and thought that was unimaginative. Good Luck

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Ed

Great sucess with Priceline.com! I bid $100 for a 4 start hotel in Midtown West (thinking what are my chances anyways). I will be staying at the Marriott Marquis for $100 a night!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Diane

David -

I have also had great success with priceline.com. I just reserved a 3 start hotel in the Back Bay of Boston for $60/night. I am going to also be using priceline for a New York trip shortly and will let you know how I do.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:23 PM
Jessica

I am a New York native, who recently booked a hotel for some relatives in NYC. I beleive the reason you are not getting a room for 4 people, is that most hotels in NY can only book up to 3 people per room. ( I am not sure if this is a law, or just a way to make more money.) Anyway, I suggest you say you will be 3 people, not four.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:54 PM
thereuare

Many rooms in NYC can't hold 4 people! If you've never been to NYC, be prepared for one of the smallest hotel rooms in any that you've stayed in.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Celeste

My husband, three teenagers, and I stayed at the Marriott World Trade Center for only $129 per night (weekend rates) and the hotel went out of their way to make a comfortable roll-away bed in the area between the two double beds and the window. Even then, we had plenty of room for the five of us, and we were charged nothing for the roll-away. In fact, when I tried to tell the maid she didn;t have to bother making it up, she wouldn't hear of it. Needless to say, she received nice tips each day!

The Marriott WTC is one of the friendliest NYC hotels I have ever stayed in, by far.