Price of Court of 2 Sisters Buffet

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price of Court of 2 Sisters Buffet

We're looking at best dining values in NO for our Labor Day trip.

Has anyone been to the Court of Two Sisters Brunch recently on a Sat. or Sun? What was the cost, perperson, please? And did it include dessert also?
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:28 AM

We went on a Thursday last year and I believe the brunch was about $15/person. I don't know if it is higher on weekends or holidays though. It's a buffet, and there was dessert availible. The coconut cake was pretty tasty.

The food was pretty good - not excellent, but pretty good. There were a lot of egg dishes, a roast beef, salads, and things of that nature. They had a few shrimp dishes as well.

Sitting in the courtyard was nice.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, J-that's just the info I was looking for! Alot of the posts say the courtyard is lovely-I think we'll choose this for our brunch splurge!
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 01:19 PM

I've heard several people pan the Court of Two Sisters, but we thought it was pretty good, definitely if you are trying to not spend so much money. Usually those that have negative comments then go on to recommend Commander's Palace, which I am sure is absolutely wonderful, but like you, we travel on a budget so Commanders is a little out of our league.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 06:34 PM

I'm one of the people who've panned the Court of Two Sisters, but it's certainly not because I'm trying to steer anyone toward a more expensive option. I think their courtyard is wonderful, and it's a great place for a cocktail. The food is mediocre at best. Think of cafeteria food and you'll get the picture.

New Orleans is full of first-rate restaurants, and the Court of Two Sisters doesn't qualify. If you want to splurge on one meal, this is NOT the place for that.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Dan

I, too, have suggested that the Court of Two Sisters is overrated. I stand by that assessment even though I would also agree that it's "decent."
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:02 AM

The Jazz brunch is more like $25 per person, which included desserts, etc. It is a buffet. We bypassed it b/c we had two young children with us, who would have cost $12 each to feed--a pretty expensive breakfast for a family of four. The menu is on their website at www.courtoftwosisters.com.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 12:32 PM

$25 per person!?! Perhaps during a special event when there were a ton of people in town? When we were there a year ago in May it was nowhere near that.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:19 PM

This was in March of this year on a Sunday. Maybe it's more on Sundays. No special event was going on in particular.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:26 PM

Yeah, it's probably more on Sundays. We went on a Thursday.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:26 PM

We went last fall and thought the food was good (not great), but the real star was definitely the courtyard and the hilarious waiter we had.
It was a lovely day, and we sat under one of the large trees and really enjoyed ourselves.
As long as you are not looking for gourmet level food, and want a neat NOLA experience, it fits the bill.
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 07:16 AM
SmilesTravel

The Court is not the NO experience - it could really be anyplace targeting tourists. You need to understand it extends from one street to the next, in a loud, touristy area of the Quaretr, and the staff stand on both sidewalks and hawk the place. If it's a humid day, you'll broil in the courtyard. This is not a stylish place, and the food is institutional, at best. More akin to a theme park. You can do much better, as other posters have emphasized.