Reload this Page >

Price is Right Game Show...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2006, 09:47 PM
TahitiTams

We have E-tickets in July for the Price is Right and we have been told that you need to get there very early in the morning to secure a spot.. Is 5:00am ok for a 1pm show or do we need to basically sleep there?
Has anyone been on the PIR or any other game show?
Any tips for the novice game show contestant?
Thanks!

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TahitiTams - Come on down!

Wouldn't you just love to hear your name called!

When I lived in California, it seemed that every out of state visitor we had wanted to see this show! Although it's been a number of years since I've done it now, at that time there were two shows a day being taped. For the afternoon taping, we got there 4-5 hours beforehand. The line was long but we got in.

Can't imagine camping out is necessary.

If you get in, post the date/time of your show (probably months out). We'll see how you did!
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 05:49 AM
GoTravel

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

I would be so excited I would be outside waiting at 5AM!!!

Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear Tahiti:

My mom & her sr. citizens group went to this show about 20 years ago. Not sure about the standing in line thing, but they looked like they had a good time, plus a woman in their group won the showcase!! My mom said the studio is MUCH smaller than it looks on TV.

Have a good time.

MY
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:05 AM

from www.seeing-stars.com

For more information phone (323) 575-2449.
The show is taped at
CBS Television City
7800 Beverly Blvd.,
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Mondays through Thursdays. They tape two shows on Mondays (at 1:15 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.,), but only one show (at 2:30 p.m.) on the other days of the week.
But you have to show up much earlier. Suggested arrival times are 6 AM - 6:30 AM for the 1:15 PM taping, and 8 AM - 8:40 AM for the 4:45 PM taping. Be sure to phone ahead, because they don't tape every week. They tape for two weeks, then take ten days off.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:52 AM

I live around the corner from CBS studios, and I see people camping out in line! I've spoken to a few as I walk to the bus stop (they're usually trying to find a bathroom/food), twice I heard I heard 2 a.m., and another at 4 a.m.
I would get there earlier than 5 a.m., most definitely. Having tickets apparently does not guarantee you get in.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 12:04 PM

Who knew RBCal was a game show fanatic ?? Learn something new every day.
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:34 PM

Good grief, I guess there is something wrong with me. I will not even stand in line for an hour to get into anywhere, to see anyone or whatever, lol.

But best wishes to those that feel it is worth hours of standing in line to gain entrance to whatever they wish to visit!
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 08:41 PM

I've read that to have a chance of being selected to play on Price is Right, you need to be really, really enthusiastic. One of those customized "I Love Bob" T-shirts would probably help - something along those lines.

Have fun!

Lee Ann
Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 09:01 PM

One of my "really, really enthusiastic" friends with a customized t-shirt won an electric guitar and a Ford Taurus on the Price is Right a couple of years ago. Her secret was watching lots current of Price is Right episodes in the days leading up to when she went. That way she had prices and strategies fresh in her mind.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
123go_

TahitiTams, What are E-tickets? Are they special or just regular tickets? Also does anyone know how to find out what weeks they are taping? A friend had tickets a couple of years ago, and when she went, they were not taping that day. Must be someway to get dates of tapings???? Thanks

Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
TahitiTams

Hi 123go..
Go to CBS.com and then Price is Right and then go to tickets and you will get a taping schedule and instead of the old days of requesting by mail you give them your e-mail address and then print them out..
It will show what shows are available..
It is not a guarantee to get in that is why I am asking about what time should I get there being its summer and it seems that the Game Show Fever is catching on..
I love Bob Barker.. I want to see the Silver Fox before it is too late..
He is 82 and I really believe that the young people and people in general keep him energized..
I hope I am close to that while I am in my 80's!
I will keep all of you posted if I get on and yes, I will get on..
I can't thank you all enough for the feedback!

Old Jun 13th, 2006, 07:55 AM

The NY Times has an article on the Price is Right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/13/ar...on/13pric.html

Apparently some people begin getting in line by mignight.

"The audience is largely filled by groups on buses who are guaranteed seats. The rest are fans who line up, often beginning at midnight, for the extra spots, which are doled out on a first-come-first-served basis. Some days there are two, others 200."
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 08:11 AM

For a game show, perhaps you will need to be very enthusiastic in the line as a strategy to get in the door.

A million years ago we were in LA for the Rose Bowl. My mom and I went (at her urgent request) to a taping of Johnny Carson. We rented a car and drove (I drove! I hate to drive!) to Burbank and got in a line that was several city blocks long.

We were just about to leave when a man came out and walked up and down the line, selecting people to enter. Then they let as many people go in as they had available spaces. Many did not make it in that day. We were selected for entrance and still do not know why. But it may not be "first come, first served" if they have a particular demographic target they're trying to satisfy with either contestants or audience members.
Old Jun 13th, 2006, 08:30 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Many moons ago an acquaitance of mine (a flight attendant on a rural Alaska airline) became the biggest winner of all time (to then) on TPIR - both showcases, two cars, a pile of cash, free plane trips (big deal) and various washing machines and other geegaws. Ever since then I've been fascinated by the show (meaning, somewhat creeped out) although I never watch it unless home sick.

FWIW, the Farmers Daughter hotel, right across the street from CBS, has a bulletin board in the lobby with photos of all the winners from TPIR who stayed there after (and presumably before) they went on the show. Maybe you could book a room there, have someone camp in line, then spell them off at 3 AM so that everybody gets some sleep. http://www.farmersdaughterhotel.com/

Good luck!
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 07:00 PM
TahitiTams

Hi All..
Just wanted to let you all know that I got on the Price is Right and I couldn't believe it!
It is a long and grueling process and I would recommend staying at the Farmer's Daughter Hotel because it is directly across the street and people are literally sleeping on the sidewalk the night before..we left SD at 3am and arrived right at 5am and parked at the Grove and made the cut-off of 300 person capacity, just in the knick of time..
The process takes about 8 hours of waiting and shuffled to different bench areas but I did get on and I didn't win my game, Dang but I won a gorgeous Greenhouse that will come in handy at my home.
I kissed the man, Bob...Twice and told him how hot he is for 82 and he just loved that!
The wheel is the heaviest thing ever and the studio is soooo small..
Overall, it was a great experience and to see Bob and be part of such a Classic Game Show was so worth it!
Thanks to all of you who responded...

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 06:23 AM

How cool, TahitiTams! Congrats!
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 06:27 AM
GoTravel

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

How cool!

(I am a complete geek)

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 06:27 AM

I had to respond to this--I have been watching Price is Right since I was 2 and I LOVE Bob Barker. ("Help control the pet population, please have your pet spayed or neutered"). My secret dream is to be on the show.

Is there any more detail you can provide? Did you know that you were going to be picked? What game did you play?
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 06:29 AM

Dear TahitiTams,

Hello! I am so excited that you got on the show! Please tell me you played Plinko...thats my all time fav! I also like the hiker who yodels and falls off the mountain if you dont guess the prices correctly! Hahah!

Do you happen to know what day your show will air? Or has it already aired? Id love to see your episode!!

Have a great day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -