Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Pretend You are Elin: What Would You Do Now? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pretend-you-are-elin-what-would-you-do-now-816452/)

OceanBreeze1 Dec 2nd, 2009 06:05 PM

Pretend You are Elin: What Would You Do Now?

I'd move out of that house where the fire hydrants & the trees are too close, take my $500 Million plus, plus $$$, take Sam & Charlie with me, and ask Camilo Villegas if he's free tomorrow night.

OceanBreeze1 Dec 2nd, 2009 06:12 PM

Sorry...meant to post this in The Lounge. Can somebody tell me how to move it?

LoveItaly Dec 2nd, 2009 06:13 PM

Hi OceanBreeze, did you mean to post this thread in the Lounge?

LoveItaly Dec 2nd, 2009 06:16 PM

Hi again OceanBreeze, just click the gray triangle to the right of the "Add a reply" and the box will pop up. Aak the editor to move this thread to the Lounge and they will, at least by tomorrow.

OceanBreeze1 Dec 2nd, 2009 06:16 PM

Yes, Love & now I feel pretty stupid & don't know how to get the heck out of here! Any suggestions?

Ocean

OceanBreeze1 Dec 2nd, 2009 06:17 PM

Thanks, Love!

Birdie Dec 2nd, 2009 07:05 PM

I'd be calling Adam Scott.

cigalechanta Dec 2nd, 2009 07:34 PM

OB, I've done that several times. I cut and pasted what I typed and posted in the lounge. Sometimes the moderators left it, so I got double feedbacks, others you removed..no problem :)

irecommend Dec 2nd, 2009 07:35 PM

Dump the dude for sure.
Take the money.
Take what you can get of the kids.
And make the best of yourself.
Grow you.
Then try to find true love.
But dont make it the priority. Make yourself the priority and true love will find you.

MelJ Dec 2nd, 2009 08:33 PM

If it turns out he was seeing the cocktail waitress for 31 months and through two of my pregnancies (as she said), I'd dump him yesterday. And take the money. Lots of it. Most of it if I could get it.

Placename Dec 2nd, 2009 08:40 PM

If what MelJ says is true, she will never, ever, ever be able to trust him.

She should get a really great divorce lawyer. And she should get at least $500 million, a couple of great houses, and a very generous amount of child support.

Why stay with this arrogant slime?

Peter_S_Aus Dec 2nd, 2009 08:42 PM

Or an alternative.
Refuse to go public.
Talk quietly with husband.
Forgive and move on.

trickiewoo Dec 2nd, 2009 08:46 PM

Sorry, Peter. Three affairs, one ongoing throughout her pregnancies? Surely you are joking? I second the hope that she gets a good lawyer and strips Tiger Woods of his worldly posessions right down to his bones.

Placename Dec 2nd, 2009 08:47 PM

Forgive and let suspicion devour her every time he is away from home?

I say, get the Kobe ring first. Maybe one for each finger. Then start shopping for a divorce lawyer.

OceanBreeze1 Dec 2nd, 2009 08:55 PM

Hey, Birdie! I was thinking about you the other day when this story first broke & wondering what your take was.
Adam Scott & Elin....oh, yeah I can see that...very nice optics. What do you think of Villegas...Mr. GQ! :)

Placename Dec 2nd, 2009 09:06 PM

I don't hold much hope for this marriage. I think it is only a matter of time.

Virgogirl Dec 2nd, 2009 09:35 PM

Once maybe, and I'd try to forgive and work things out...but three times? While his wife was pregnant with his children? He's shown his true colors. He has serious character flaws and there's no way I'd ever trust him again. He's got no integrity. What a shame; he seemed like a nice guy. Not! If he hadn't been caught, would he be saying sorry now?

Peter_S_Aus Dec 2nd, 2009 09:55 PM

Ten replies plus the original post.
Six of comments talk about obtaining money.
Ah well, that's the American way, I suppose.

SeeHag Dec 2nd, 2009 10:20 PM

Nobody really knows the whole story. There are two small children involved and if they both decide to stick around and work it out I hope they can manage without the public scrutiny ruining any chance.

PamSF Dec 2nd, 2009 11:16 PM

I think she should go on the golf circuit. Her swing with clubs has promise!