Reload this Page >

Pre-cruise hotel Fort Lauderdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:23 AM
anna

Need a pre-cruise hotel for family of four (kids are 10 and 12). So far, the options are, from lower price to higher:
Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale (2 queen beds)
Marriott Marina (but only 2 double beds, so that's a tight fit)
Springhill Suites (2 doubles + sofa bed)
Which one would you recommend? Also, does anybody know how far they are from the Best Western Marina (other family members are staying there)?

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:31 AM
Jason

Anna
If you go to the Cruise Forum,search in the "TextSearch" box for "FtLauderdal Hotels" you will find lots of helpful threads from very recent posts.Hope that helps you.
Jason

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:51 AM
HHHRRR

Check out Lago Mar as well. They have mostly suites that would accomodate your family of four. It is also fairly close to the Best Western Marina which I definitely wouldn't recommend. Good luck.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Patrick

I'm surprised that the Marriott Marina only has two double beds, the rooms I've stayed in there usually have two queens or one king.
But the Renaissance is very new and looks nice (although I haven't seen the rooms, I'd expect pretty good things). Since it is the lowest price I'd take that. It is right across from the ships, and there is a wonderful moderate restaurant almost next door to the Renaissance called Bimini Boathouse which I think the kids would love -- beats all the hotel options.

If the Best Western is the place I'm thinking of, across the street and Pier 66, it seems pretty dumpy. By the way, have you tried Hyatt Pier 66? They sometimes offer some great specials, especially in their outbuildings (which I like better than the tower anyway).

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Patrick

Ooops. Sorry I misread the last part of your question. The Best Western, if again it is the place I'm thinking of is across Route 1 from the Renaissance and Marriott, but in addition, you need to walk up and over the big drawbridge to get there if walking. Not far, just a bit of a walk. I haven't walked across that bridge since it was rebuilt a couple of years ago, but I assume there is a sidewalk or walking area on it. On the other hand it is right across from Pier 66. From there you could walk under the access lanes to the bridge rather than over the intracoastal waterway.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:02 AM
thanks

Thank you for coming through so quickly. Just made reservations at the Renaissance (after confirming that the Marriott Marina does indeed only have 2 doubles or 1 king). Also, thanks for the Bimini Boathouse tip.