Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Posting Problems (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/posting-problems-625262/)

Malesherbes Jun 21st, 2006 06:33 AM

Posting Problems

Anyone else having trouble getting replies to "take"? It seems that the reply box comes up with a different appearance, then it takes many tries copying and pasting each time to eventually get it to actually post.

And while we are at it, isn't there SOME way to prevent threads being titled using backslashes such as Atlanta/Savannah/Charleston, which results in the left hand column being skewed????

travel_addict Jun 21st, 2006 06:48 AM

The editors have been notified of the issue - a few of us e-mailed them yesterday. It's not doing it anymore on my computer. Strange.

And in answer to your other question:

It would seem like the Fodors programmers could put a limit on the width of the postings so they would automatically return. I do this with my web site so I'm thinking it wouldn't be a problem. (??)

travel_addict Jun 21st, 2006 08:22 AM

dang-nabbit! I spoke too soon. The posting gremlins are baaaack! =:)

Malesherbes Jun 21st, 2006 08:28 AM

Oops...I see now there's already been a thread on this.

Dang-nabbit...(my husband is the only person I know who uses that term!) :)

iceeu2 Jun 21st, 2006 08:35 AM

I can't post on the Yankee/Rebel thread.

btw, I'm 100% Dixie...was General Lee your grandfather?

kswl Jun 21st, 2006 08:36 AM

It started on my computer with the Luxury Vacations advertisement for travel auctions . . . just when I thought we'd gotten rid of Goofy, Dumbo, et.al, we get something worse.

iceeu2 Jun 21st, 2006 08:40 AM

Now, I can't post on the Fodor's Convention thread....but, if I could, I would tell kswl to leave her mock apple pie made with ritz crackers and her some kind of impossible pie made with bisquick at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FainaAgain Jun 21st, 2006 08:49 AM

This is my first attempt today, let's see if posted. Had problems reading posts yesterday.

rkkwan Jun 21st, 2006 08:52 AM

1. Hit Back Button.

2. Click "Reply".

3. If normal screen comes up, proceed; if weird screen comes up, goto 1.

Lots of replies have been successfully posted in the last few days, so apparently I'm not the only one to figure this out.

kswl Jun 21st, 2006 08:56 AM

Uh-uh, girlfriend! You name will be MUD at our next church supper! :D

iceeu2 Jun 21st, 2006 09:02 AM

I knew it! I just knew it! kswl, you are 2 cool. Wish I could see you on Saturday. Who is taking the camera?

btw, thanks rkkwan. It worked!!

wow Jun 21st, 2006 09:20 AM

Sometimes the post/reply box are misaligned, sometimes not. Obviously this one worked!

GoTravel Jun 21st, 2006 09:28 AM

Explain that again for me?

Suki Jun 21st, 2006 09:48 AM

I just posted this, but I don't think it worked. I am getting the weird misaligned screen also. The left-half of the screen is completely blank.

wow Jun 21st, 2006 10:15 AM

GoTravel, the "post" segment slides over to the far right of the screen. Then the "reply" box is hidden. When you try to post, nothing happens. Rather than type a "Reply" that won't go anywhere I have been hitting "post my reply" on a blank "reply box". This "brings back" a "reply box" onto which I then type & hit "Post my reply". Don't ask me how I figured this out! But, it works! :)

FainaAgain Jun 21st, 2006 11:14 AM

What Wow and Suki said.

kswl Jun 22nd, 2006 04:08 AM

Yesterday I had to do the "post reply" then BACK, cycle three times before the darned thing would actually post.

Now it's up to five cycles of post/back, and I just don't have the time, inclination, or attention span today to deal with it.

Buh-bye, Fodors. [(

rkkwan Jun 22nd, 2006 05:17 AM

kswl - Wow, you certainly have a very short attention span. To post this reply, I have to hit "back" and then "Post Reply" twice. Hm, that takes me about 5 seconds extra. I can deal with that.

vegasnative Jun 22nd, 2006 06:51 AM

=D> left click, left click,...back, back, back...right click, left click, right...back, back back...=D> all together now...

CAPH52 Jun 22nd, 2006 09:21 AM

FWIW, I seem to have better luck by clicking on the post a reply at the top, just under the title, than by clicking on the one at the bottom, under all the replies. Of course, as I clicked on it to post this response, I had to hit it twice! I know the editors have been made aware that there's a problem. And they say they're working on it. But this is, what, the third or fourth day now?