I am planning a two and a half week trip to the US in August including 8 days in Hawaii with stopovers in the west coast on both legs of the trip: 3 days in Seattle, 3 days in Oregon, then flying over to Hawaii from Portland, then flying back to San Francisco for 3 days, visiting Carmel and Monterey before flying back to Europe from SFO.
I would like to know if the city of Portland and its surrounding are really worth a visit though or if I should just add a couple more days to Seattle and visit a couple of the islands and national parks around town in addition to the harbor and mount Rainier.
I've already been to BC so please don't suggest a trip there : )
Any suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 2 4 days in San Diego
- 3 NY theater district restaurant
- 4 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 5 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 6 Family winter holiday
- 7 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 8 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 9 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 10 Trip to Cali
- 11 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 12 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 13 Big Sur weather in early December
- 14 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 15 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 16 Our next summer trip
- 17 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 18 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 19 Dulles to BWI
- 20 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 21 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 22 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 23 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 24 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 25 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!