Been a lurker and reader on this site for a while. Great resource and thank you.
Planning a trip to Oregon for four-ish days in Mid October.
Plan is to fly in to Portland from CA late afternoon on a Thursday. Flying out of Portland that following Monday mid day.
Thinking of driving from airport to Hood River. Spending Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in Hood River with hiking and wineries during the day on Friday and Saturday. Sunday, return to Portland and maybe catch another hike along the way but planning to spend most of Sunday and Monday morning exploring Portland: urban hiking, checking out the Japanese and Chinese gardens, maybe a museum, hip neighborhoods, etc.
We are a family of three including a six year old son. We're avid hikers, and our son can do a nine mile or so hike with some carrying by us.
We like to avoid crowds.
We want to avoid spreading ourselves too thin. We were thinking about hitting the coast too, but we live near the coast in CA and it's not exotic for us. But maybe the mouth of the Columbia River is different?
Any recommendations on this itinerary, hike suggestions, lodging, food or winery recommendations (we prefer reds, pinot noir is great).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBAL 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7vs
- 2 YAHOO sPassword ResetContact 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*hh 24*7
- 3 Buy Registered Passport, driver license , ID card,
- 4 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 5 Bend Testing New England
- 6 Best octopus restaurant in NYC ?
- 7 Alaska Travel: Tips for finding fresh seafood
- 8 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 9 Best Employee Hours Tracker Software at Nominal Cost
- 10 Advice on Gateway2Morocco
- 11 I need help
- 12 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 13 10 day California Trip in July
- 14 Travel Shenanigans
- 15 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 16 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 17 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 18 Newport Beach restaurants
- 19 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 20 4 days in Miami
- 21 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 22 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 23 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 24 A Few days in Museums
- 25 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions