Portland, OR Airport - MMS are you there?

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portland, OR Airport - MMS are you there?

Hi again. Thinking about switching to an aiport hotel rather than staying in Troutdale due to possibly dumping off my rental car Saturday night and taking the MAX downtown on Sunday to go to the market. Does anyone have any comments about either the Springhill Suites or Fairfield Inn at PDX? I know I could stay in a more scenic location, but for what I am doing that weekend, it doesn't bother me that much. Thanks.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 02:58 PM

Both hotels look like they would be fine. I do not have any personal knowledge though of either one. Not sure if you have considered the Silver Cloud Inn near the airport. Friends of ours that have family in Gresham always stay there when they visit and they enjoy it. They were just there about a week ago and said it was great and the pool was a hit during our warm spell. I think you cannot go wrong with any of these 3 hotels, so just check them each out and see what looks best to you. Can't wait to hear how your trip goes!
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input again. The Springhill Suites is brand new, Fairfield is a little cheaper, but has an outdoor pool. I can never decide. What do you think of Salty's food?
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 03:38 PM

We dined at the Salty's in Seattle and really enjoyed it. The views from the resturant of Seattle are really pretty.

If you do decide on Salty's, the coconut prawns are really good. ***kim***
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:08 PM

Actually, Salty's here in Portland is on our list to go to soon. Our son earned a gift certificate and we have been meaning to go, but have been too busy. So anyway, I can't comment personally on the food at this location...but according to friends/family that live here they enjoy it.

I think of those 3 hotels I would pick the Springhill Suites. I always have a hard time deciding too
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all my Portland experts! If anyone else has ever stayed at either of these 2 hotels, please jump in.

Salty's it is for dinner. If I dump off the car Saturday night, they even have a courtesy van, so there you go!