Portland hotels near nightlife

Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portland hotels near nightlife

I'll spend a couple of days in Portland at the end of November so I'm looking for a hotel around 100$ in a neighbourhood where bars & clubs are within walking distance. Any advice ? Thanks in advance to anyone who'll reply
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Original Poster

By the way, I'm talking about Portland, Oregon
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 11:00 PM

OK, this is what I can think of right now..

Mark Spencer Hotel
www.markspencer.com
which is close to the Pearl and good nightlife/bars/restaurants..a club called Aura
www.auraportland.com/

In the NW area of town, right on the Streetcar line, still close to many bars , restaurants, nightlife.
The Inn @ Northrup Station www.northrupstation.com

Also a new place /old place renovated and renamed-Hotel DeLuxe
www.HoteldeLuxePortland.com

Hope this helps
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM

Embassy Suites downtown is only a few blocks from a half dozen popular clubs like Berbati's Pan and Dante's. But that may be out of your price range. On the east side of the river close to downtown there's the Jupiter Hotel, which is adjacent to the Doug Fir, one of the hippest clubs in town. The Jupiter is pretty noisy I've heard, however, due to its proximity to the Doug Fir - but maybe that's what some people want...

But if you are merely looking to get around Portland without a car and have fun, I would relax your requirement a bit. There are a number of much cheaper hotels (but decent) 3-star and 2-star hotels close to the Oregon Convention Center in inner NE Portland. You can walk to the MAX train and take it right across the Willamette River into downtown, get off, and be right in the thick of the club scene. The MAX stops running about 1AM but just take a taxi home. Portland is an easy walking city, small and fairly compact.

If you really want to save money, I would use Priceline and bid for a 3-star hotel downtown, and that would put you either right downtown (Hilton, Marriott) or near the Convention Center area I mentioned, for probably $40/night ish, for the Doubletree or Holiday Inn. Take the MAX free into downtown, and use the savings toward your taxi ride(s) home late at night.

Andrew