My husband and I are taking our first trip to Portland and Seattle in November. We were thinking of not renting a car, mainly to avoid overnight parking charges. My husband is good with public transportations and we've had good luck with it in other major cities during trips away (ex Chicago, San Diego) so we thought we may give it a try on this trip.
Is there convenient/easy public transportation to get around within the two cities?
Is it easy to get to/from the airports?
We don't have a ton of time in either place, any must-see's (either with or without a car - we may change our minds on taking only public transportation)?
Tuesday - Fly into Portland (PDX)
Tuesday - Public Transportation into downtown Portland
Wednesday - Portland
Thursday - Leave Portland, take train to Seattle (train goes from PDX->SEA)
Friday - Seattle
Saturday - Depart Seattle (SEA)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AVG @ Installation Contact 1888:482:3831 AVG Tec*h sup0rt care 24/7
- 2 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 3 Saratoga Springs, NY
- 4 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 5 Where would you go in March?
- 6 RV Grand Canyon
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 Spam meter
- 9 Southern Oregon route
- 10 A Few days in Museums
- 11 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 12 Booze & books in NYC
- 13 5 day trip to Portland Maine in October
- 14 Road trip California
- 15 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 16 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 17 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 18 LOS ANGELES TO RENO
- 19 I need help
- 20 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 21 Expedia
- 22 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 23 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 24 Las Vegas TR
- 25 10 day California Trip in July