Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Pleasure Island (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pleasure-island-365243/)

esg Oct 11th, 2003 06:33 AM

Pleasure Island

Family and I (kids ages 16,14,11,10) have travelled to Disney world many times but have never been to Pleasure Island. I had thought kids were not allowed at night. Disney's web site seem to suggest that kids can go to most places(not Mannequins or BET). Is it worth a trip there at night? How does it work? Do you move from place to place? Are there any costs if you don't eat or drink? Are reservations needed (we'll be there early November)We'll have park hopper plus passes which should allow us entry.

hleesa Oct 11th, 2003 02:25 PM

If I remember correctly, you pay one price to get in and then you can go to any of the clubs for free. If you are there early and there is some special event for kids such as an outdoor concernt, then take them. Otherwise, I firmly believe that it is not a place for kids -- since it is a bunch of night clubs with people drinking and dancing. I remember being in a smokey club and seeing toddlers at midnight - only Vegas can top that.

Molly2 Oct 11th, 2003 05:12 PM

Well,only some of the places aren't for kids. It's been a few years, but there were a number of older kids at the haunted bar and comedy club {can't remermber their exact names, including my own 11 year old. He also loved the "New Year" finale at the end of the night. Just use your judgement. Unless things have changed since our visit, your pass does indeed entitle you to come and go as you please

_Linda_ Oct 18th, 2003 06:20 PM

Hi:

I am going to WDW this coming weekend for a bachelorette party. Thinking about going to Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island area on Saturday night. Can someone tell me what are the current hours of operations for the clubs and such. How does it work that you can get there early but then you have to pay extra for the clubs? Any other comments? Suggestions?
Thanks

Wednesday Oct 19th, 2003 08:17 AM

Info I can find is that it is $21 per person. Anyone under 18 must be with someone over 21. Only 2 clubs are restricted to 21+ only. No hours are given, I think they run almost all night but not sure.....There is alot outside the entrance there to see & do also, shopping, restaurants, concerts, movies, etc. before you go in...Have fun !

LilMsFoodie Oct 19th, 2003 09:36 AM

Once you are admitted your expenses are limited to your drinks and snacks. You can take your drink from place to place and they sell drinks on the streets. I have seen younger kids there but they didn't seem to enthused. It is really for adults, especially young adults.

We are older but we usually go one evening and hit most of the clubs after dinner at Pucks. LMF

E Oct 19th, 2003 11:57 AM

I don't remember paying a general admission fee or cover charge--is it possible that you don't have to pay to get in on certain nights, or during certain hours?

JoyinVirginia Oct 20th, 2003 06:43 AM

Pleasuer island doesn't require admission before 7 or 8. It does require admission after than, tha time is when the clubs/shows open up. I LOVE The Adventurer's club and it is very appropriate for kids of all ages! Really funny, kinda corny shows, but the entertainers are great and realy work to include audience members. There are shows that go on all evening there, you can get a schedule from the bartender or check at the door. There is an information booth in Downtown Disney West Side, near the PI entrance, that is good to check out first, sometimes some of the clubs are closed for a few hours for private functions.

Loki Oct 20th, 2003 07:07 AM

Been there many times though not in a couple years. When I was a kid, I would not have enjoyed it much, there has to be better choices in the WDW area. For adults thinking of going, I think Universal's Citywalk is much better. There you have the choice of paying for a pass or paying per club. I just like the bars and clubs better at Citywalk and they have an Emeril's for dinner which was pretty good. I remember there being some kid based attractions there, like street performers gathering kids around to do something on a trampoline type thing or something, kinda nickelodeon-ish. Maybe Citywalk might be better for kids...I dunno.