Reload this Page >

Please recommend a romantic place to stay on the north side of Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Amy

I would like yo visit the North side of Kauai for just a couple of nights. I want to experience the beauty of the north side but not take a chance on bad weather for more than 2 or 3 days. I have read a lot about Princeville but I am not sure that it is the right place for us. It sounds a bit overdone. I would love other recommendations for this side of the island. All that I am looking for is romantic accommodations with a wonderful view and beautiful grounds. It does not have to be a big resort, although I am not interested in renting a house. I am open to a small resort, inn, or B & B. Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

Old May 11th, 2002, 05:46 PM
aaaaaa

Try Hanleigh Bay resort-friendstayed there on honeymoon & adored it

Old May 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Amy

Any others?

Old May 12th, 2002, 12:16 PM
OK

Amy - what exactly do you mean by "overdone"? If you can tell us more specifically why you are critical of the Princeville, it might give us more direction in helping you.

Old May 12th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Amy

By overdone I mean formal and stuffy. I might be wrong, but it seems that several posters have made comments to that effect. They have said that it is very closed in, with lots of marble, and it is not very Hawaiian feeling.

The reason I want to stay on the North Shore is to experience a very natural, tropical, Hawaiian atmosphere. If the Princeville resort fits the bill, please let me know.

Right now I think that I am going to spend 4 nights in Poipu and 2 nights on the North Shore. Does this sound like a good plan? Please share your comments about the Princeville Resort and any others that would be worth looking into.

Thank you.

Old May 12th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Tammy

My parents just finished a 5 night stay at the Hanalei Bay resort. After reading some of the negative reviews of HBR on this forum they were a little uneasy. However, they really enjoyed everything about the resort in every way! The pool was lovely and uncrowded and the grounds lush and beautiful. They stayed in a one bedroom condo and had a partial view of Bali Hai. They really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning. It did rain quite a bit but they still enjoyed it. They are on the west shore now and it is raining there also. Worker at the Waimea Plantation cottages said it has been raining even on the west side for the better part of a month. This is disapointing, but it is still hawaii in the rain. The did have dinner at the Princeville Resort and said it was very nice but not as tropical and layed back as HBR.
Have fun!

Old May 12th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Amy

Tammy, thank you so much for sharing your parents' experience at Hanalei Bay Resort. I, also, have read many negative comments, which discouraged me from seriously considering HBR. However, the pool and grounds do look more lush and tropical. Was their room in good repair? That is what I am most worried about. This is a special trip and, although we won't be spending a tremendous amount of time in the room, I do not want to feel like I am staying at a motel.