Please help with beach vacation ideas

Jun 18th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Frances Hannah

Please help with beach vacation ideas

I need help with places to stay in north carolina (beach), or Virginia, (around Chincoteague). There are 2 of us and we do not travel very much. We need a nice place to stay, we are thrifty also, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 19th, 2001, 06:16 AM
chuck

Frances,

You might get a better response if you give just a little more info. For instance, do you like a beach with lots of activities & restaurants, or a relatively quiet beach with few *attractions*? Also, there may be a little contradiction between getting *nice* and being *thrifty*

But I'll take a shot in the dark. In NC you may want to consider (from North to South) the Outer Banks, Atlantic Beach/Emerlad Isle, Topsail Beach, Wrightsville Beach, or Sunset Beach. All of these will have more cottage (or condo) accomodations than hotels, which is probably why I would recommend them. One other consideration--North Myrtle Beach SC (just below the NC/SC border)--lots to do there, nice beach, and you will find lots of condos, some hotels, and some cottages. But it is a much more heavily populated and visited area.

Lastly, do a search of this site (US) for lots of information previously posted.

Have a great time!

Search this Thread