Please help with 7 days trip from Phoenix to LasVegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning 7 days trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas. Want to visit Sedona, Grand Canyon , etc . Can you please advice what would you recomend to see and how many nights we will need in each place?
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Unless there is something you really want to see in Phoenix, fly to Las Vegas, rent a car and drive a loop that brings you back to Las Vegas. The cars are cheaper in LV and you don't have to deal with a drop off fee.
Unless you want to stay in a fancy LV hotel/resort, you could stay in Henderson for 1 night and head for Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon from there. What month are you planing this trip?
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot, I already have ticktes to Phoenix, now trying to book hotels and see how many nights i have to stay and where would be thr best choice
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
OK. 1 night in Phoenix and then head for LV to rent your car.
Allegiant flies from Phoenix-Mesa airport to Las Vegas every day except Tuesday. http://www.allegiantair.com/
They have packages that include hotels, rental cars, show tickets and tours. You may get a better deal on Priceline on a rental car whichever city you rent from.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM

Research the car rental fees with your actual dates.

I just priced a one-way from Phoenix to Las Vegas mid-April for 7 days, it was $226 for a full-size car from Enterprise.

Same car, same dates, same company, round-trip rental out of Phoenix was $500.

Same car, same dates, same company, round-trip rental out of Las Vegas was $545.

Dates were 4/11 through 4/18, I searched on Travelocity. Enterprise was not the cheapest, in fact National and Alamo had the one-way rental priced at $140.

Usually one-way rentals are more expensive but not all the time. You really need to plug in your own dates and see what the prices are for your trip. If you can get the one-way rental for a decent price, book it. No sense in making a separate flight to Las Vegas and renting a car there without at least checking your own dates. I would recommend you do that immediately because those cheap one-way prices may not last long - then come back and figure out your itinerary.

Generally speaking, a 2-3 nights in Sedona, a night at the Grand Canyon and the rest of your time in Phoenix/Vegas or Flagstaff depending on what you're interests are.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM

Also check out www.carrentals.com. Moi - I would suggest a night in Sedona - assuming you can see some of the sights on the day of your arrival - and then part of the next day and then head to the Grand Canyon for two nights.

Hey - we all like places differently- and you might even consider checking how open the reservations are in Vegas - which I think should be fairly loose in April - and you could add another day here or there on your way to Vegas.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM

My routing would be Sedona (1); Grand Canyon (2) at a hotel on the rim; Canyon de Chelly (1) at the Holiday Inn with Jeep tour in the morning; Zion NP (2); Las Vegas.

Monument Valley and Bryce NP are additional options.

HTTY