I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthsupplementzone.com/platinum-xwl/
- 2 Christmas getaway
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Sjc Car Rental
- 5 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 6 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 7 [email protected]
- 8 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 9 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 10 Trip to Cali
- 11 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 12 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 13 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 14 4 days in San Diego
- 15 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 16 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 17 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 18 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 19 NY theater district restaurant
- 20 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 21 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 22 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 23 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 24 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 25 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington