Hello US Friends,
this is the itinerary I would like to suggest to my family for a long overdue trip to the States. But before I do, I wanted to get some advice from the locals.
We are travelling from Italy, kids are in their 20's - one works in the wine industry and we all like eating, drinking, cities, walking, driving....
Rome -San Francisco 2/3 days in the city
3 days Driving round Napa Valley
Head South stopping one night Carmel/Monterey
One night St Louis Obispo
2 nights L.A:
2 nights San Diego
Fly to Los Cabos (San Lucas or San José?) for 4 nights
Fly to Houston (1 night to visit old friend)
Fly to New York - 3 nights
Day 21 fly back to Rome
My questions are...is it worth stopping in San Diego? We have never been there but we have been to L.A.
Is Los Cabos fun? Worth the trip in February? Presumably too cold to swim. Is it an interesting place to visit? We don't really go for resorts or mega hotels but we did want to go somewhere warm with a good vibe. (will also post this on Mexico forum)
Any suggestions for things to do/see/eat on this trip.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alpha Male Dynamics help to regrow your hair
- 2 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 3 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 4 Padre Islands
- 5 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 6 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 7 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 8 NASHVILLE
- 9 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 10 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 11 Muir Woods - new rules
- 12 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 13 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 14 4 days in San Diego
- 15 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 16 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 17 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 18 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 19 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 20 Family winter holiday
- 21 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 22 Galveston
- 23 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 24 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 25 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
Hello US Friends,