Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   planning a disney vacation in june (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/planning-a-disney-vacation-in-june-60417/)

tw Jan 20th, 2000 08:37 PM

planning a disney vacation in june

I am taking my family to disney in early june. my kids are 16. i would like ideas on what parks to see and if anyone knows where to get the best prices on tickets. what other things of interest is there to do we have 7 days. i would also like to know what things/places to avoid.

Betsy Jan 21st, 2000 05:54 AM

Since you have time to see some of Orlando's other attractions, I would definately go to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Never been to MGM, but many people have told me that Universal Studios is better. Islands of Adventure, Universal's new amusement park is a blast! Great roller coasters, water rides, and virtual reality/3-D rides.

maria Jan 21st, 2000 07:36 AM

tw, <BR> <BR>Are you staying on Disney property? If yes then be sure to plan a trip to the MK on an E ticket night...it was fabulous and made our visit perfect...don't know what E night is? All Disney guests get to stay 3 hours extra on some evenings and the park (mk only) is practically deserted!!! Also, parks have early opening days for Disney resort guests...also your teens will love Disney uest a virtual reality world near Pleasure Island (not a theme park!) Also check out a couple of the "unofficial" Disney web sites...I think they are "disneyinfo.com" or "wdwinfo.com" or some woman named Deb has one...any search engine will find them for you . Good Luck, Maria

ilisa Jan 21st, 2000 07:56 AM

Deb Wills' site is www.wdwig.com. It's an excellent site for Disney. Be sure to get a Magic Kingdom Club card before you book or purchase anything. It entitles you to 10% off lodging on property, park passes, certain restaurants, and shops at Downtown Disney, as well as discounts at all Disney stores in the US. If you work for a company of 500 employees or more, or a labor union, you can get it for free. Check with Human Resources. If that's not possible, you can purchase a 2 year card for $65. Deb Wills' site has the order information. My husband and I used the card on our last trip in October and saved several hundred dollars. E-nights are great. However, they are not announced this far in advance; they are only announced a few weeks in advance, so it is difficult to plan your trip around them. I've been there 18 times, so please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Melinda Jan 21st, 2000 09:44 AM

Universal Studio will be a hit with the older kids and younger. Magic Kindom is really too mellow for older kids. MGM Tower of Terror is fun. I found that Blizzard Beach was the most fun we had in our week last September. Owned and run nicely by Disney it is a wild water park with a ski theme. Really thrilling to tame drops. A lot of fun. My 64 year old Mom even had a blast. Biggest tip for Disney is get your tickets ahead of time for everything and arrive early. Since you are going in June the parks will be open late. You can go early, then go back to the hotel to rest or swim and then go out at night again after the hot humid afternoon is over. Crowds are a lot less at night. Have a great time.