Reload this Page >

Places to stay close to the National Mall

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 10:40 AM
Jean Campbell

I would like to know from anyone a nice place to stay around the mall. Something not too expensive but close. I will be taking my mother and we would like to stay close to the sites as we will not be staying long. The JW Marriott has been suggested and I will look into that but would entertain others. Thanks.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Steven

What is not too expensive??? $200? $150?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Beverly

I stayed at the River Inn in Foggy Bottom - 25th bet. K&I. They are nice suites with full kitchen, living room, and bedroom. Some DC hotels now have winter specials. River Inn is currently advertising $89/wkend nt with complimentary breakfast. Also look at others advertising weekend specials: Morrison-Clark Inn at Mass. Ave&11NW for $99 w/breakfast, New Hampshire Suites at 1211 Nw. Hamp. Ave for $89 w/breakfast, and Henley Park Hotel 926 NW for $109, and Georgetown Suites for $125. I have not stayed at any other than River Inn but they are advertising in the same paper (NY Times). Hope this helps.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:59 AM
ann

There aren't any hotels around the Mall, but as long as you're close to a Metro stop, you can get there quickly and easily. The Smithsonian stop is on the orange and blue lines, so whether you stay at the JW Marriott or in Foggy Bottom, as Beverly suggests, you'll be able to get there without the time involved in changing subway lines.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 12:30 PM
anne

We stayed at a Holiday Inn only a block or two South (I think) of the National Air and Space museum. The location was very convenient to the museums and mall attractions, but not located near many restaurants.