Search

Places to Eat in Santa Monica area

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 11:18 AM
JEC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Places to Eat in Santa Monica area

My husband and I are taking a long weekend trip to Santa Monica. We plan to see the sights in Hollywood, Venice, Mailbu and Santa Monica. During our trip we plan to go to Duke's in Malibu to eat. Is there any other places not to miss?
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM

I always take visitors to the Sidewalk Cafe on the boardwalk in Venice.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Having lived in Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades, and Malibu for 29 years I can give you some wonderful recommendations. There are MANY great restaurants, but there are some we tend to go to more often than not. An amazing upscale hot restaurant is "Wilshire" on Wilshire Blvd. (& 18th St. I think?). Sit outside in the back where the fires are. I've sent a lot of friends there and they all loved it! Another great place (energetic & always great food) is Houston's on Wilshire(& 2nd St.). Chinoise or Chaya Venice on Main St. in SM are great too...especially Happy Hours 5-7 on Sundays...discounted fabulous food. Near ocean, and you can stroll Main St. Giorgio Baldi in Santa Monica Cyn by PCH is also terrific. Also good are those on Abbott-Kinney (good strolling street) in Venice: Primitivo, Joe's, Axe. Saddlepeak Lodge is a wonderful hunting lodge type restaurant in Malibu Canyon...unique for LA...popular special occasion spot. Great Sunday brunch too. Drinks at Moonshadows outside on the deck is a good stop overlooking the ocean on your way to Duke's. Eating actually ON the sand...great location, food adequate is the Paradise Cove Beach Cafe in the daylight(better than Duke's). Nobu, Tradinoi (sit in the parkside tables), Sage Room are also great in Malibu. Have fun!
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM

I second the Sidewalk Cafe, especially for breakfast. The food is good and you get to watch the local freak show for entertainment while you eat.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM

I like Chaya Venice.

Another wonderful place for outdoor dining with great atmosphere and delicious food is Inn of the Seventh Ray in Topanga Canyon. Do a search on it.