Reload this Page >

Places to buy pralines in New Orleans?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Leanne

Does anyone know of any good places to buy pralines in New Orleans?

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Rob

The Praline Connection at Chartres and Frenchman...Aunt Sally's on Decatur Street.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Meg

Laura's in the 900 block of Royal Street close to St. Philip. I think their pralines are creamier than Aunt Sally's.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:32 AM
x

Auint's Sally's choclate pralines wins my vote.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Bill

Don't remember the name, but its the place in the French Market that sells nothing but pralines and related. I'm talking about the place in the building where they sell produce, not the place in the "fancier" buildings on or near Decatur.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 01:24 PM
xxx

I had the best praline carmal apple in New Orleans - Yum!

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:40 AM
julie

I vote for Leahs on St. Louis St. They are the creamiest! I remember seeing a storefront for Laura's on Royal but it didn't look to us like they were in business anymore at that location. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong--I was there in November.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Roz

The place in the French Market that sells nothing but Pralines is Loretta's. She has in my opinion, the best in NO! We're going again in 3 weeks and our plan is: go to hotel - drop bags - head for Loretta's! When I was there 2 years ago, I noticed that she also sells to Walgreens, but my advice is to get them at the French Market so they will be fresher.
Roz

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Jeannie

Leah's -- hands down. The best item in the store, however, is the chocolate-covered peanut brittle. Try the dark chocolate version.