Search

Pink's Hotdogs

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pink's Hotdogs

Was watching the travel channel a couple days ago & they had something on about the best hotdog places. One place they showed was Pink's in LA. We are going out to Santa Monica in June & thinking of stopping by Pink's. Just wondering, is Pink's really as good as it was shown on TV? Are there always lines to get served? If there are lines, when are the better times to go when the lines might not be so long? If you have been there, what is your favorite dog?
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
According to hotdogspot.com, Pink's is on a downward spiral. It's an institution, but I think you'd be disappointed if you drove all the way from Santa Monica. Jody Maroni's in Santa Monica should fit the bill.
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:40 PM

had a sour cream, bacon, onion, etc...hot dog at pinks. it was alot of fun!!
Old May 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM

I agree, don't drive all the way from SM...there's always a line, and between the drive and the line, you may end up disappointed, like, what's all the fuss about, it's just a hot dog.

love
roxy

P.S. If you really wanna live on the edge, buy one of those bacon wrapped hot dogs they sell from the carts outside of nightclubs at 2am.
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Pink's is VERY overrated! I don't think it's that good at all. Yes, there are always long lines there, for 2 reasons. A lot of people flock there (a lot of tourists too) because it's mentioned everywhere in all the tour books. Another reason the lines are long is the service is VERY slow! They're kind of rude too! IMO, the best hot dog is at Tommy's. Hands down. There's one in Santa Monica.
Old May 5th, 2005, 02:29 PM
ssm

Here is another vote AGAINST Pinks. Over rated and way over hyped. Then again, I feel the same about Jody Maroni's although my experience may have been as a result of a very bad franchisee.

If you want a great chili dog, go to the Original Tommy's in LA.

Finally, I have to concur with Roxy. There is something about those bacon wrapped dogs at 2:00am. Then again, after drinknig all night, almost anything would probably taste good at that time.
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Now I know not to make a special trip. If in the area, I might stop. Looked at Tommy's Original website. The one in Santa Monica is only a few blocks from where we will be. We will check it out, if we get the chance.