Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Photos from SF Get Together (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/photos-from-sf-get-together-371914/)

Marilyn Oct 27th, 2003 01:50 PM

Photos from SF Get Together

A good time was had by all, and now you can see the evidence (courtesy of Resident Photographer Phil Flash) with your own eyes at:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/23795/index.html

Should you have any problems with that address, you can go to www.worldisround.com click on Personal Articles and search for "SF Fodors". Would love to hear your comments! :-D

PS I've never done this before, and I found worldisround very easy and intuitive to use.

cigalechanta Oct 27th, 2003 02:12 PM

Great shots, thanks Marylyn.
Hey Kir, I want that eiffel tower. Where did you get it?

FainaAgain Oct 27th, 2003 02:25 PM

I would say great pictures if my modesty allowed me to say it ;)

I remember 3 cameras flashing, one of them mine, but I'm not done with the film yet, maybe after my November trip, sorry.

Cigale, sorry to say you've missed much more then just that tower. Next year?

Scarlett Oct 27th, 2003 02:48 PM

What fun to put faces to the names :)
I love the photos, everyone looks so happy..a very nice bunch of smiley faces!
I know I would be right at home there, especially since I noticed, I have the same Eiffel Tower and the poster of the "Kissers"!
We got ours at Alfies in London years ago :)
The food looked quite impressive too..I suddenly have this craving for cheesecake~

KirRoyale Oct 27th, 2003 03:17 PM

Hi Cigalechanta,

I got the Eiffel Tower at Target (pronounced Tar-zhay at my house!). I have another in my back yard, so that I can legitimately say my flat has a view of the Eiffel!

Kir

KirRoyale Oct 27th, 2003 03:22 PM

FainaAgain,

Thank you so much for your very nice card!

Kir & Mr. Kir

Meesthare Oct 27th, 2003 03:33 PM

Yeah, "Mariln" - amazing that you can take trick photos that make you look like more than one person. How did you do that, anyway? :)

Meesthare Oct 27th, 2003 03:39 PM

I wasn't aware that Mariln had any other alises. But thank you for explaining the trick photos. Now, will you please go away?

obxgirl Oct 27th, 2003 03:52 PM

Great photos! It looks like y'all had a great time! Thanks for sharing.

Robinsen, why don't you scurry back under that bridge you call home? I'm sure you'll get an invitation to the next party once you learn to play well with the others.

Marilyn Oct 27th, 2003 03:58 PM

Oh my, I seem to have passed up Jason. I'm the leader for today.

Robinsen, I don't want to get help. I like having all these multiple personalities. It's never lonely, for one thing, and there's never a problem having enough people for charades.

Whoever all those people were, we sure did have a good time! :-D

Scarlett Oct 27th, 2003 04:06 PM

Is it impossible to have a thread now without this moron posting on it?
Lake/Robinsen/whatever your real name is, PLEASE STOP THIS.

Marilyn Oct 27th, 2003 04:07 PM

By the way, Robinsen/Lake/Guano, that was an open party posted extensively on this forum. If you had responded to the invitation you would have received a warm welcome and details on the party so you could have attended. But that would have disturbed the fabric of your reality just a bit too much, wouldn't it?

PS If you will check my posts, you will find I have never bashed San Jose. I've got nothing for it or agin it, as a matter of fact.

jason888 Oct 27th, 2003 04:18 PM

Great pics, Marilyn!

Kudos to Photographer Phil Flash! Is he part of the Borg? :)

Very, very sorry we missed your friendly gathering. It looked like you all had a great time!

Jason

Marilyn Oct 27th, 2003 04:30 PM

Phil Flash, aka Bob, is definitely part of the Borg. It has often been observed that he has a camera lens where his right eye should be. Next time, Jason!

Lake: Send meds. Will take if they are the right sort.

LN Oct 27th, 2003 04:35 PM

It's pretty good when people with such great travel ideas get together like this!!

We will have to get busy on the east coast (especially the DC area to find some travelers for our own GTG.

I enjoyed your planning and now the pics of the wonderful time you all had. Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

LN

cigalechanta Oct 27th, 2003 04:42 PM

Scarlett is a friend of mine. She is NOT Marilyn!!!!!!

Marilyn Oct 27th, 2003 04:48 PM

cigalechanta, dear, now YOU are part of US. Anyone who says anything will be accused of being me. (Now there's a sentence I could never have imagined writing!)

I keep telling you, Guano, there's only 2 of us here. You and me. Everybody else is me. Everyone, do you hear me? So be good or I'll kick you off MY board.

missjanna Oct 27th, 2003 05:01 PM

Oh damn it am I in time for the medication hour? Where's the Ritalin when you need it??? ;-)

Great pictures, Marilyn! Looks like you all had a great time! I want some of the recipes!

LN, I will be in DC from Nov. 21 - 23 if that helps at all. Most likely will be staying at the Omni Shoreham.

Now since I seem to be sharing the one body of Marilyn, it's nice to know I am able to put a face and body to know what I look like! LOL ;;)

Can you tell I'm just done arguing with this nut making a fool of himself? I'm just waiting for the next round of deletions for him.... LOL

Marilyn Oct 27th, 2003 05:07 PM

missjanna, pull up the thread "Thanks Kir Royale and Marilyn" and you'll find quite a few of the recipes on there. Gee, maybe I should post them on worldisround along with the photos? No, I've got to pack for a week in New York, leaving Wed.

Actually, I've heard Manhattan is really overrated. I think I'll stay on Staten Island instead.

Scarlett Oct 27th, 2003 05:12 PM

Marilyn, I do not mind at all, being accused of being you. You, on the other hand, will have to cope with being me sometimes too!
And thank you darlin Mimi ((F))