Photos from my July trip to Switzerland now on line

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finially got my photos from my July trip to Switzerland online. On the same trip we also went to Sicily, and those photos have been up for a few weeks. Both can be seen at:
www.pbase.com/annforcier

Now that the floods and such are over, I'm sure the hotels and other businesses are hoping tourists will return. Maybe seeing the photos will make people realize how beautiful Switzerland is. My trip was before the rains and flooding. I was feeling sorry for myself that there wasn't more blue sky when we were there. The floods really put things in perspective.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 02:51 PM

Isabel, just spent... ummm... a couple of hours on your website Great pictures! I checked out New England and Switzerland. My favorite are the 2 of Luzern at night.

What were you doing eating a banana in Murren? This must be a slice of cheese in your hand
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 03:02 PM

You are one of my favorite Pbase artists, isabel. I love your compositions and colors. Thanks for sharing. You might also want to share the link with folks on the Europe forum.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 06:01 PM

Isabel,

THANK YOU for telling us about your latest photos. ALL of them are magnificent, and like Fainagain, I couldn't tear myself away until I had looked at so many.

Please can you share some info about yourself with us? Are you professional or do you just enjoy doing this beautiful work? I'm just getting into digital pictures and wonder if you did much editing on these, if so, which program do you use?

Beautiful, beautiful work.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Beautiful. I was waiting for these. They bring back some nice memories. It looks like your weather wasn't bad, on the whole. Switzerland is beautiful in any weather. Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 07:31 PM

I have your site bookmarked and I just looked at it the other day in the hope that you might have been on a recent trip! Your photos are so beautiful and an inspiration to go out and see all the beauty the world has to offer! I am planning a trip to Kauai, can you please go there so I can pass off you pictures as my travel photos?!
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

beachbum - thanks for pointing out that this got posted on the US forum, I wonderded where it went. I could have sworn I posted in the Europe forum, that's where I spend most of my time. I have no idea how it got posted on the US one. But glad you like the photos. I have now posted it on the Europe forum where it belongs.

FainaAgain - had to get my servings of fruit, even in Switzerland.

Clousie - No I'm not a professional, I wish. Wouldn't it be great to get paid to travel and take photos? I use Photoshop to edit the photos, mostly just "levels" which essentially adjusts the brightness and contrast, things you would do in a darkroom with traditional prints.

ms go - I'm glad you like the photos, I looked at your Swiss photos before I went, for inspiration.

mary2go - I'd love to go to Kauai. Could you please inform my boss that I need a few more weeks off (with extra pay to cover the costs of the trip, of course).

Old Aug 31st, 2005, 05:04 PM

I would be glad to intervene on your behalf! It is in the name of travel and art, I am sure he/she is reasonable person!
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 06:24 AM

isabel...your pics have only heightened my dream of going to switzerland. how did you go about the plans? which airline did you fly? did you go with a group?