Phoenix/Scottsdale Hotels

Jan 15th, 2001, 11:42 AM
Janet

Phoenix/Scottsdale Hotels

Traveling in mid-April to PHX and Sedona. A
bit worried about the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak. Have heard mixed things. Will be with kids - 9 and 11 and attracted by the water activites/pools. Any comments? How about the
Biltmore? The Wigwam? Marriot's Camelback? The Phoenician is too pricey. Need GOOD pools and good service. Larger rooms are better with the kids as well. Thanks!

Jan 15th, 2001, 01:00 PM
karen

No need to be concerned with any of the Pointe hotels. They are not in the class of The Phoenician, AZ. Biltmore, Wigwam or Camelback Inn, but it is still very nice and the pool areas should make some very happy children. Ask about room size/family suites. Either the Pointe Squaw Peak or Tapatio Cliffs are very nice, good restaurants and locations.

Jan 15th, 2001, 08:34 PM
Chuck

There should be no concern about the Pointe Hiltons, as I am familiar with Squaw Peak and Tapatio, which have ample pools and amenities. If you want to shop, though, these resorts are a bit away from the main drag, which is Scottsdale Road; if you want to be more central, then, the Marriott Camelback is the best resort in the whole area (always my first choice); also, I have had nice times at the Cottonwoods Resort and the Posada resort. The Paradise Valley Resort was a disappointment.

Search this Thread