Reload this Page >

Phoenix hotel pools and water fun.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 11:00 AM
Jess

We are staying in Phoenix a couple of days and nights in June. Which hotel has the best pool and water fun for families? Children ages 6-10. Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 07:01 PM
Karen

Good time to come to Phoenix as you can stay at the top resorts for a fraction of the cost during the high season. I would recommend Hyatt Gainey Ranch, The Phoenician, Pointe Squaw Peak, Doubletree La Posada. Check into them and see what kind of deal they are giving this summer.

Old Mar 24th, 1999, 07:26 AM
Jess

Thank you for your thoughts. I am reviewing these resorts as recommended.
I would welcome any other comments re the resorts, either new or others already mentioned.
Thanks, Jess

Old Mar 24th, 1999, 08:45 AM
Kat

In Phoenix, I'm partial to the Biltmore with its Frank-Lloyd-Wright architecture and furnishings, gorgeous gardens and wonderful pools (there are six of them!) including one devoted to kiddies. There's also an excellent kiddie program. The pools include spectacular water slide and lots of other extras.

Old Mar 25th, 1999, 08:27 AM
becky

Hi Jess: I too am going in June with two kids . So glad you wrote as I have the same questions from readers. I had heard that the atmosphere and waterslide thing is best specifically for kids at one of the three Pointe Hilton (?) hotels. It's supposed to be all man-made rivers and waterslides, very family oriented. It's the" Pointe Hilton at " ?????Anyone else know?? Thanks!!!

Old Mar 26th, 1999, 07:34 AM
Karen

Pointe at Squaw Peak has good children's program.

Old Mar 26th, 1999, 09:59 AM
Karen

I just looked up Pointe Squaw Peak...it has Hole in the Wall River Ranch featuring pool, waterfalls, fountains, 130 foot slide and tubing amid the rocks. Look up Pointe Hilton Resorts for more info.

Old Mar 28th, 1999, 04:13 PM
Jess

Thanks for all of the wonderful imput. I am researching now for the best rates. We are also going to be in Tucson for 3 days, thus any recommendations for good hotel/resorts with good pool areas for kids? Thanks in advance! Have a good day!

Old Mar 28th, 1999, 09:20 PM
becky

Let me add my thanks to all who took the time to share information.

Old Mar 29th, 1999, 05:51 AM
Al

You might check The Embassy Suites near 24th St. and Camelback. It's an exciting place for adults as well as kids. By summertime, they often offer great deals -- Phoenix in summer can become a furnace. Their pool is one of those that is both indoor and outdoor, depending on which side of a glass wall you choose. Free breakfasts, happy hour. We put up an entire wedding party of out-of-town guests there, and not a squawk from anyone. They had a great time!

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 08:42 AM
Jess

Thanks for all of the tips! We look for to our June journey with great anticipation. If anyone has any futher recomendations, please note them. Thanks again!

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:44 PM
Christy

Jess,

If you're doing the 'pointe' hotel tour...you should eat at "Entienne's - A Different Pointe of View" at the Point at Tapatio (I used to live there). The restaurant, high above the Valley, offers the most spectacular view of Phoenix/Scottsdale and it's a must-see for a sunset! The food is killer too! Also, down the mountain is "THe Waterin Hole" where you can eat fried rattlesnake (tastes like chicken) -- the kids should love it! Have a great time!!

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 01:40 PM
John

I have been to Phonix several times and have stayed at a condo at gainey ranch,visted the Phoenician,Biltmore but in my opinion the pool area at the Gainey Hyatt is the nicest I have seen in the world!! Fabulous with a great children section with a slide and sand beach.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 03:19 PM
John

There is a great ice cream shop in old Scottsdale near the galleries on the main road , it was gooooood!

Old Apr 4th, 1999, 01:36 PM
Jess

Thanks for all of the tips. Any ideas for sights other than the Grand Canyon? Kids also get one "fun" day of their picking, thus any amusement parks of interest to a 9 and 6 year old? Thanks again for all the kind advice!

Old Apr 4th, 1999, 05:01 PM
Karen

Phoenix Zoo is absolutely wonderful and downtown Phoenix has a fabulous Science and Technology Museum(with IMAX), hands on, all the way through the museum. Those are always tops with kids of every age...even "old" kids!

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 12:21 PM
pdellas

Hi,
I am traveling with my family (4 days) April 22-27 yo Scootsdale. We are staying at the Camelback Inn and I am hoping that my kids (age 14 and 12) will have a great time. I got a bit worried since no one has posted info. about kids and Camelback. My daughter (12) simply wants to get tanned. We are planning to drive to Sedona for a day, and also a Jeep/ Hummer tour of Sonora. Any other suggestions??? Thanks.

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 01:18 PM
susanstanley

We stay at Camelback, and if your daughter wants to get a tan, it has two wonderful pools. I've heard the Hyatt is nice and has a Camp Hyatt for kids program.

We are staying at the Biltmore over memorial day. Any recommendations?