Philadelphia Traffic Help

Sep 23rd, 2017, 08:43 AM
Original Poster
Philadelphia Traffic Help

Taking a chance that someone familiar with Philadelphia is on the boards this afternoon. Google maps isn't letting me choose an alternate route.
I am at Children's Hospital at Civic Center Blvd. I need to get back to Harrisburg later today, and traffic on the Schuylkill is terrible, even on a Saturday. I am looking for an alternate route to King of Prussia from downtown. I drive a stick, and all the stop and go traffic is going to kill me, so even If the alternate route takes longer, that's OK, as long as I don't find myself sitting in traffic shifting from 1st to 2nd for an hour.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Sep 23rd, 2017, 09:08 AM
One possibility: Get yourself to I-95 south. A couple of miles past the airport, take 476 (know locally as the "Blue Route"). Follow 476 all the way to the PA Tpke. Take the Tpke west and get off at the K of P exit.

476 also intersects with the Schuylkill, and you could get off there and take the Schuylkill west, then 202 N into K of P **if** the traffic on the Schuylkill has cleared by that point.
Sep 23rd, 2017, 08:07 PM
Original Poster
Thanks so much. I found the Blue Route, courtesy of a city cop, and had only a few delays.

Search this Thread