Philadelphia-Italian Market

Apr 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Philadelphia-Italian Market

Heading to Philly late April for three nights at The Sofitel. My major goal is to see The Barnes Collection and eat some great sandwiches at Reading Market. I have my tickets to The Barnes Collection,taking the 44 bus from Suburban Station.
On Saturday I am visiting Independence Hall. My question is:Can I walk to The Italian Market from The Independence Hall area or will I need a bus or taxi?
Apr 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Well, I walk it, but my mother wouldn't, so it depends on what you consider walking distance. It's a little over a mile. I guess you also might want to consider if you'll already have done a lot of walking while touring and so have tired feet rather than ready feet!

Enjoy your eating at both Reading Terminal and at the Italian Market, both great places! I absolutely love the fresh mozzarella at Claudio's in the Italian Market.
Apr 4th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Amy

If you do want to hop a bus, get the 47 at 8th and Market; it'll take you right down. But if you walk down, say, 6th Street, you'll have some great sites along the way: the Dream Garden Mosaic at 6th and Walnut, Washington Square, Mother Bethel AME...it's a great walk, whatever way you go. And the Italian Market is one of a kind. By the way, you'll also be near the Magic Gardens at 10th and South; definitely worth a look. www.philadelphiasmagicgardens.org

Have fun, and do leave plenty of room for some chowing down at both Reading Terminal and the Italian Market!

Search this Thread