Petronias in Key West

Feb 10th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Petronias in Key West

I posted requesting information on Petronias Polish restaurant in Key West and got a couple of replies saying they'd heard of it or even heard good things about it but had not been there personally. I promised to let them know how it was after I went.

It was just swell (to quote one of my favorite lines from Cat Ballou). It's down Petronia street from Blue Heaven in the Bahama village area of Key West. It's not one of the nicer or more kept up parts of town so the interior of the restaurant which is starkly white is even more startling. White table cloths and napkins, etc. Small but with candles and flowers. Nice. Food was really fun. We had some herring and then the Polish sampler plate--bigos (Polish meat and mushroom stew, stuffed cabbage rolls, pierogi, beets, mashed potatoes--very good and very tasty. The whole experience is a nice change from the raw bar, seafood grill, sort of thing that is everywhere else in Key West. If you're in town, try it. They only serve dinner and since the place was filled when we went on a week night, I'd say it's best to reserve at least a day ahead.
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:21 PM

Thanks so much for the review! I'm one of the people who have heard great things about this restaurant but haven't gotten around to going there yet. We'll be sure and try it on our next visit!

Search this Thread