Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Pet friendly Florida beachfront condo?
Notices

Pet friendly Florida beachfront condo?

Oct 14th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Pet friendly Florida beachfront condo?

We are planning a month long Florida stay either Jan or Feb and want to take our dog with us. Any suggestions on a nice beachfront condo preferably on one of the southern beaches? We want to have warmer weather than the panhandle.
Oct 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Hello Laurelie!

Im sorry that I cant answer your questions with specifics but, as a doggie owner myself, I know it can sometimes be tough to find pet-friendly accommodations!

You may have already researched these but below are general vacation rental sites which allow you to tell whether a particular property allows pets:

www.vrbo.com
www.cyberrentals.com

There are also sites dedicated to helping you find pet friendly accommodations, such as:

www.petfriendly.com
www.petswelcome.com

There are a lot of other sites like those named above but those are the ones that I know by heart!

Also, just to see what popped up, I entered “miami beachfront condo pet” in google search and got this (among others):

http://www.floridavacations.com/fv/26268.html

Again, I know this doesnt exactly answer your question but maybe it can help get you started!?

Have a great night!!

Oct 15th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank You Nature Girl!

We have never travelled with our pet before so I didn't know of any of these sites. We are not planning this trip until 2008 so I will have lots of time for research. I took a quick look and this is just what I was looking for. We will be travelling from Northern Ontario so I welcome any info I can get. Thanks Again
Oct 15th, 2006, 01:38 PM

You should also be aware that many communities (Naples, for example) do not permit pets on beaches, even on a leash.

Search this Thread