Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Pensacola in April and Springhill Suites Questions

Jan 8th, 2009, 11:26 AM
SR
Original Poster

We are considering Pensacola for a Spring "girls week away". What is the weather like the last week of April? I was told that the average temperature is only in the 60's. Also, I have Marriott points and would like to take advantage of them, therefore, we are considering staying at the Springhill Suites Marriott. Has anyone been there lately that can comment on this hotel? Any other comments regarding beach, weather, other areas to consider, etc. would be appreciated.
Jan 9th, 2009, 06:38 PM

SR,

The average temp for April at the beach here is 67 with and average high of 76 and average low of 57. Water temp is about 72.

Late April can be very nice, or it can be chilly. Impossible to predict so far out. But it is one of my favorite times of year.

Hope this helps a bit. I can't give you any insight on Springhill Suites Marriott but maybe by bumping this back to the top you'll get more answers.

Jan 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
SR
Original Poster

Thanks so much, Floridafran.

Anyone else who can comment on Springhill Suites Marriott? I can't seem to find many Marriott resorts right on the beach on the West Coast. I want to try to use my points if possible.
Jan 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Hi --

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Pensacola Beach two years ago, and we loved it! (I'm assuming this is the hotel you mean.) It's right on the beach, which was beautiful. I really can't remember too many details about the hotel itself, but you can check for reviews on Tripadvisor. I do remember that there were restaurants within walking distance or a very short drive. Also, there are very few, if any, recognizable "chain" restaurants on Pensacola Beach, which was fine with us, but it does bother some people. Enjoy your trip; I really want to go back!!
Jan 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM

I stayed at the SHS a few years ago when it was brand new and I loved it. Nice room, good free breakfast and great location.
Feb 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM

We just stayed at Pensacola Beach Springhill Suites this past weekend and LOVED it as a couple's get-a-away. Our room had 2 queens, fold-out couch, 2 TVs, micro, fridge. Was clean, beds slept perfectly, lots of feather pillows. Nice balcony! Great breakfast, but no other food on sight (except coin machines and small snack shop. I do remember a very small bar.It is a great location! Ask for gulf view, view itself is worth it, but would also then not face noisy street which holds several bars and therefore late noise! Check out Paddy O'Leary's across street for night life. Consider Peg Legs, Sidelines, and Surfburger for casual eats.
Feb 18th, 2009, 11:30 AM

If you have time, check out the Fish House restaurant facing the bay on the mainland Pensacola downtown area. Great seafood if you like that sort of thing. Have fun.